It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
(male)

123456789mee HB User
Constant Urge

Iím a 21-year-old male and just two days ago I started to have the constant urge to have a bowel movement. Just about three times a day am I actually able to have one but the urge is always there. Iíve had constipation for a while but this just started. No other symptoms or anything. What could possibly be the problem?

Old 01-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

Proverbs3:5 HB User
Re: Constant Urge

How long would you say you spend on the toilet? I ask this because I think a lot of people rush off before they know for sure they are really "done" and this is why there are so many complaining about gassiness and frequent urges to go. Personally, because of slight constipation, I spend more time than I would like on the toilet but at least I feel empty and rarely deal with gassiness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
(female)

cambria HB User

I'm actually going through the same thing right now. For the last 4 days or so, I've had a constant feeling of rectal (or colon, can't tell exactly) pressure and fullness, making me feel like I have to go to the bathroom when I really don't. I'm also having muscle spasms and rectal spasms with it. I'm not experiencing any constipation though... It's very worrying, isn't it? I had an appointment with my gynocologist yesterday who did a vaginal and rectal exam for possible prolapse or internal hemorrhoids but she didn't find anything. My imagination has of course gone nuts and I'm convinced I have colon cancer or a tumor. I've got an appointment next week with another internal med doctor who specializes in this stuff, so I guess we'll see.

I would say that yours kinda sounds like IBS maybe? If it persists, I would go in just to be safe.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
(male)

123456789mee HB User

I actually spend a lot of time in the bathroom because of constipation. It is worrysome and a bit concerning because of the constant feeling. At times I have worried about something like colon cancer. I read that's not really commom in people in there twentys but it does happen. I'm hoping I'm not one of the one unlucky people to get it so early. If this continues for the rest of the week I will see a doctor about it because it causes paranoia. I have no other symptoms of IBS. Is it possiable just this one symptom could make it that?

Old 01-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #5
(female)

Proverbs3:5 HB User

Good for you for deciding to get checked out. I got a sigmoidoscopy this morning because of my contoured stools and everything looked normal. This is such a great feeling after putting off getting it checked for a long, long time.
Let us know what the Dr. tells you.

Closed Thread