It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
(female)

Proverbs3:5 HB User
Just had a sigmoidoscopy-It wasn't so bad after all

I had the sigmoidoscopy done this AM to find out why I've been having contoured stools. Everything looked very normal except a tiny internal hemorrhoid. So it's nice to know that there's nothing serious going on. It's also nice to know that the whole process, prep and actual test, were not such a big deal. I drank the magnesium citrate, that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, the "flushing out" was a trip but at least it was all done in one toilet visit and lastly, the enema---my first, wasn't near as awful as I imagined. The only aftereffect is the bubbles lingering around in my stomach from the air they puff into the colon. I've been trying to get rid of them but a few persist. I am just going to eat soft and liquid foods today since my poor colon was slightly traumatized---still, not horrifically.

Last edited by Proverbs3:5; 01-24-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Grehound27 HB User
Question Re: Just had a sigmoidoscopy-It wasn't so bad after all

I had the sigmoidoscopy done this AM to find out why I've been having contoured stools.

Just out of curiosity, why not the colonoscopy vs the flex-sig??

Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
(female)

Proverbs3:5 HB User
Re: Just had a sigmoidoscopy-It wasn't so bad after all

This is what the Dr. decided on since I'm not experiencing blood in my stools or any other symptoms that would make him think a colonoscopy was necessary.

Closed Thread