It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
(female)

mscates HB User
Graphic Anal Questions- Please Help

Hello,

I have finally been to see a Dr, he referred to my blood work from last March and said everything was fine.

Unfortunately I do not have health insurance and so I have no choice but to see him, I think he is a bit of a joke.

I haven't told him yet (he has explanations for everything), but since the middle of November I have been bleeding from my bum during BMs. I can not tell if it is mixed in my stool or if it is just on the surface. Sometimes I have thin stools, and it hurts when I have a BM, even when they are very thin. I think I have a tear and that is what is bleeding, because it hurts at the anus. It is bright red blood. Sometimes my stool is a chocolaty-maroon color. It feels like I always have stool in there, but I can tell when I really have to go and when I just have a full feeling. I can not tell if I have hemroids or not, although on one side there is a little bump under the anus, it is just pink and smooth. Is that a hemroid? It doesn't have a tear, or look like it bleeds from there either. Or is that a anal tear?

Okay, also sometimes I get a knawing burning pain in my stomache, it is relieved by eating and then it comes back after a little while. It is not frequent, but once it starts it last for about 2-3 days. It comes and go between "episodes".

Any suggestions? What should I tell my Dr when I see him again? I may wait until I have health insurance and can find my own Dr.

Tink

Last edited by mscates; 01-25-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2007, 04:26 AM   #2
(female)

mscates HB User
Re: Graphic Anal Questions- Please Help

I'm so happy that I'm not alone <------- SARCASM

Old 01-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Grehound27 HB User
Exclamation Re: Graphic Anal Questions- Please Help

Any suggestions? What should I tell my Dr when I see him again?

I would print out a copy of your message and let him read it......any blood from the anus needs to be checked out and you seem to have more than one digestive system problem. Insist on the Doctor addressing your complaints/concerns.

Good luck

Dave

Old 01-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
(female)

mscates HB User

Thank you Dave.

My Dr does not take me seriously at all. He believes I need my gallbladder removed but has not taken the initiative to make it happen.

Thanks for the words.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:22 PM   #5
(female)

cheeps HB User

I think you may have a fissure or a haemerriod because those do bleed bright red when irritated. Sorry I can't spell. As to the color....that depends on what you eat. Do you have pain when eliminating or is it when you clean yourself? Using baby wipes and staying clean helps quite a bit. i think you can wait to go to the dr when you get ins....sounds as if you are just irritated. cheeps

Old 02-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

chewbug HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscates View Post
Hello,

I have finally been to see a Dr, he referred to my blood work from last March and said everything was fine.

Unfortunately I do not have health insurance and so I have no choice but to see him, I think he is a bit of a joke.

I haven't told him yet (he has explanations for everything), but since the middle of November I have been bleeding from my bum during BMs. I can not tell if it is mixed in my stool or if it is just on the surface. Sometimes I have thin stools, and it hurts when I have a BM, even when they are very thin. I think I have a tear and that is what is bleeding, because it hurts at the anus. It is bright red blood. Sometimes my stool is a chocolaty-maroon color. It feels like I always have stool in there, but I can tell when I really have to go and when I just have a full feeling. I can not tell if I have hemroids or not, although on one side there is a little bump under the anus, it is just pink and smooth. Is that a hemroid? It doesn't have a tear, or look like it bleeds from there either. Or is that a anal tear?

Okay, also sometimes I get a knawing burning pain in my stomache, it is relieved by eating and then it comes back after a little while. It is not frequent, but once it starts it last for about 2-3 days. It comes and go between "episodes".

Any suggestions? What should I tell my Dr when I see him again? I may wait until I have health insurance and can find my own Dr.

Tink
It sounds as if you have hemmorrhoids. The burning pain in your stomach sounds like an ulcer. Have you tried over the counter Pepcid?

Old 02-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User

Yea, I agree with chewbug, it sounds like you may have a stomache ulcer. My grandfather had these and he would bleed when having a bowel movement. The darker color could be from old blood in the stomache that is moving on down. Probably why you are having stomache issues. Hope all works out.

Closed Thread