It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
(male)

veDette HB User
Going too often in the morning

I was wondering if it was unusual to have several bowel movements in the morning. Once I wake up, I have the urge to have a bowel movement. Once I'm done, around 15-20 minutes later I feel like going again. I usually go around 2-3 times during the morning (within an hour) and then I'm good for the rest of the day. On some days, I have to go even more times. Is this unusual?

Old 01-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: Going too often in the morning

Yes, it is unusual. However, if you have IBS, it's unfortunately often the case. Do some reading on IBS and see how it fits with your symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
(male)

veDette HB User

I checked the symptoms of IBS, which include abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea and constipation and I don't have any of that, so I'm thinking it probably isn't IBS.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Grehound27 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Going too often in the morning

There IS NO NORM! Some people go 6 times a day, some folks go only once every 2 or 3 days.

As long as your movements are not overly hard or overly liquid, you have no discomfort during your movements, and they are not bloody or mucus filled, you're just fine.

Coffee and other stimulants can also affect the # of BM's a person will have.

If it continues to be a concern to you, you might want to check with your PCP and maybe schedule a colonoscopy to put your concerns to rest.

Good luck

Dave

Old 01-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #5
(male)

veDette HB User

Thanks for your post. I don't seem to be suffering from any of the symptoms you mentioned, so I guess I am fine. The problem is that this is very annoying. Sometimes after I leave my house, I feel like going again. Oh well, I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #6
(female)

GigiW HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by veDette View Post
I was wondering if it was unusual to have several bowel movements in the morning. Once I wake up, I have the urge to have a bowel movement. Once I'm done, around 15-20 minutes later I feel like going again. I usually go around 2-3 times during the morning (within an hour) and then I'm good for the rest of the day. On some days, I have to go even more times. Is this unusual?
I too sometimes go 2-3 times in the morning and maybe once when I get to work and then maybe again after lunch and then maybe when I get home. I was beginning to worry also, but I have no other IBS symptoms and have had a colonoscopy just a year ago. The 5-6 times a day is not usual but 2-4 times is. I only drink 2 cups of coffee a day and then it is water for the rest of the day. GigiW

Closed Thread