It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 03:39 AM   #1
(female)

**jessy** HB User
Smile Had My Lateral Sphincterotomy

Just thought I would share with you all, I had my fissure surgery yesterday, I was soooooo desperate after 3 long years of suffering and 6 months of complete agony I just could not take it anymore. Spent a long week waiting for the day, was very nervous all week, cried alot, I came very close to quitting, my biggest fear was the incontinence or the procedure not even working but I hung in there.
The surgery went really well, I expected to be in complete agony and have heavy bleeding, but I don't really have alot of either.
Moved my bowels this morning that went quite well, had a little discomfort where the fissure is, had the occasional spasm maybe 1 or 2, but not as much as before surgery, had diarrhoea all afternoon due to my IBS, had abit of discomfort but nothing I couldn't handle, as for the bleeding, I hardly have any, I have slight spotting when i wipe myself but thats it.
My only concern is that when I sit or stand I feel like I have a slight weakness, sort of like the feeling after child birth (for any Mums out there)not sure whether that is because of discomfort or whether it is anxiety, but so far so good, have had no leakage at all.
So over all it is great, but it still is early days yet so I will keep you all posted.
Feel free to ask any questions

Old 02-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
(male)

lodgen HB User
Smile Re: Had My Lateral Sphincterotomy

jessy

make sure you keep bm soft and self flowing it is critical for you to fully
heal. if your having d ,try a fiber supplement like benifiber,it will bulk up
your stools. i had hemmroid,fissureomentry and syfictomentry done all at once!,the hemmroid surgery is painfull and still recovering after two months.
but i keep telling everyone that the fissure surgery is painfree right away and
the side effects are nothing to worry about. all those years of suffering ,i
should of done it sooner is what i said after surgery for it.you will be able to
eat normal amd have your life back after a week or so ,or even sooner.start
working up to eat lots of fiber you want to have bulky soft stools to be on your way to healing youe wounds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
(male)

nomadi HB User
Re: Had My Lateral Sphincterotomy

Jessy, Was this your first surgery? Why didn't you try the seton first? How are you now?

Old 08-29-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
(female)

grace R HB User
Smile Re: Had My Lateral Sphincterotomy

hi Jess
you are very lucky, I had the same op, three day ago and still I'm in a lot of pain,and my bottom fells like I'm groing all new hemorrhoyds, maybe is normal I don't know.,I can't sleep, no bleeding just horrible pain,I'm very scared. I' happy for you.
grace

Closed Thread