It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
(male)

HandM HB User
Feeling Better?

I have read most all of the hemmorroidectomy threads and I have to say I am glad I haven't had the surgery. I am a 36 year old male general contractor and would likely lose my business if the recovery time is too long. I have "severely" prolapsed internal roids and moderate thrombossed external with a fissure thrown in as well. Long story short..... couldn't stand the pain/ discomfort any longer, saw the doc, find I am anemic (possibly from bleeding and/or hereditary iron deficiency) had colonoscopy, upper gi, still need chest x-ray to help doc diagnose anemia cause.

After hearing all that is wrong I, to say the least, have had the "life changing experience" and have instituted proper bowel health techniques utilizing all of the vast experience of board members, water, fiber, not straining/ spending too much time in the "hole" (my downstairs bathroom) ect. After one week I gotta say that I feel much better with only minor itching from the fissure (been using the nitro-creme, helps a lot) and have been able to resume semi-normal activities without worrying about having roid/ fissure pain.

So here is where I pose the question.......

Is this a false positive?........ Will things continue to get better? I havenít felt this good in years... I simply can't believe I have had close to a week relatively pain free, Today I spent a tiny bit too long on the toilet and feel okay but nowhere as bad as before with little recovery time.

Anyone else had such positive results with such a small change?
Any replies will be greatly appreciated
Signed,
FEELING BETTER!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Feeling Better?

HandM,

If you continue to do the things that people have been writing about on this board--- your BMs and health will continue to improve --

I truely believe that good health begins in the Digestive System -- you are what you eat.

I wish you continued success---Harry

Old 02-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
(male)

Teeftof HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandM View Post
Today I spent a tiny bit too long on the toilet and feel okay but nowhere as bad as before with little recovery time.
Could someone care to explain as to why this is bad? I've never heard this and cant quite imagine why it could be bad for you?

Old 02-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #4
(male)

HandM HB User

For me, spending too much time on the toilet causes my internal hemmorroids to prolapse. After they do that it would seem that I had more stool to pass. After reading up on the condition I learned that the feeling of more stool was only the swollen internal hemmorroids, and that pushing only makes them more swollen and prolapse further out of the anus. For the last week I have had to train myself not to sit longer than 5 minutes(I used to spend as much as 1 hr), not to push, and keep the stools soft, well formed and self propelling. All things learned here, from the vast knowledge base of members. THANK YOU ALL!

All of this weeks improvement are directly related to what I eat
1. Lots of water (at least 2 liters or more a day)
2. Loose hot oatmeal for breakfast with, of course, water
3. Lots of Frosted mini wheats all day. (Snacks and in between meals)

Old 02-08-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
(male)

Teeftof HB User

Ah thanks for that HandM. I spend quite a while on the loo myself, i'l try to limit myself from now on.

Glad your feeling better,

Old 02-08-2007, 07:57 AM   #6
(male)

lodgen HB User
Wink Re: Feeling Better?

since i had this problem and for a long time ,i had surgery for hemroid,fissure
and synomentry,all at one time. i gone threw spells that you feel better one
week to a month and thought i would get better.i agree that fiber and water
is critical for helping the issues,but if you have a chronic fissure or hemmriods
its only going to come back or get worse,we all have other problems that can
cause a bm to come out that can cause problems down there during your life time,fiber is the key but if there is a severe bleeding or pain for periods of time,its a chronic problem and should be looked at.a board certified colorectal
surgeon should look at it and give you a good idea of were you stand.i could
no longer function or put up with the pain for two years and found surgery to
be my only solution. i had three surgery at once was in hospital for a week
on morphine ,i agree the hemorrhoid surgery is pain full but its two months after
and i am having painfree bms,and am getting better every day. you will recover and get better ,and will be able to get on and have a normal life.
hope your fiber diet will get you threw this so the problem will get better
wish you well.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #7
(female)

angiebru HB User

Thank you all who replied to my message.
I am feeling a little better going on my sixth day.
Water and eating the right foods (citrucel included) have helped tremendously.
I'm hoping in another week things will be back to normal, slowly getting there.
Does anyone know if it's o.k. to take ibuprofen during this.
I have been on percocets and really want to go off of them but honestly it does help with the pain. Ibuprofen work better than tylenol for me.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Angiebru

Old 02-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Angiebru,

As you may know all pain meds cause constipation. So, take as little as you can to avoid hard BMs. You will never have another BM as painful as that first one after hemorrhoidectomy.

God Bless---Harry

Closed Thread