It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
(male)

bullettoothtony HB User
Unhappy rectal pain and urge to go

can anybody help me please.For 10 months now I have suffered from rectal pains or a feeling of wanting to empty my bowels(one or the other,never both at the same time.It all started with the feeling of wanting to go(tenesmus)then these annoying pains which are just when I sit down at certain times.My actual bowel movements have become very erratic and I seem to be constipated alot.Some mornings I can get up and everything seems normal,then later in the day the symptoms start again.Ive seen a doctor who performed a sigmoidoscopy which he said was normal.I have no blood in the stool,neither do I feel ill or have any bowel pain.The doctor has told me its all stress related.Can anybody please help,its absolutely doing my head in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

jrb112476 HB User
Re: rectal pain and urge to go

ive had a combination of rectal pain and lower abdominal pain for about 6 months now....i had a cat scan of my abdomen and pelvic region which came back normal...my pain comes and goes...my dr. thinks it ibs, but he scheduled me for a colonoscopy on feb. 23....im 30 and this all of the sudden came on 6 months ago....at least you had a test and it showed nothing serious....what else is your dr. going to do? do you have to go see him again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
(male)

bullettoothtony HB User

yes,I have to go back in March.My symptoms havent got any worse,nor any better.I have realised that a couple of days after drinking alcohol it seems to flare up quite bad,then subsides.I have noticed a really funny thing though and this seems really strange.The pains come on whenever I sit on my computer chair at home,it seems as if its some sort of spasming in my rectum,slightly reaching up into my bowel.The whole thing is very frustrating as Ive never ever had any bowel problems before.Sometimes I ll go to the toilet when I get up in the morning and everything looks normal,then other days I may go at 11am and feel like I really want to go but Im a bit constipated.On those days,even when I feel like Ive emptied my bowel the feeling of wanting to go again comes back and it can last the rest of the day.To be honest,I ve got used to the pains but I really find it hard to handle the feeling of wanting to go.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

jrb112476 HB User

yeah, i sit at a desk all day for like 11 hours and it hurts all day

Old 02-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
(female)

mrs206 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
can anybody help me please.For 10 months now I have suffered from rectal pains or a feeling of wanting to empty my bowels(one or the other,never both at the same time.It all started with the feeling of wanting to go(tenesmus)then these annoying pains which are just when I sit down at certain times.My actual bowel movements have become very erratic and I seem to be constipated alot.Some mornings I can get up and everything seems normal,then later in the day the symptoms start again.Ive seen a doctor who performed a sigmoidoscopy which he said was normal.I have no blood in the stool,neither do I feel ill or have any bowel pain.The doctor has told me its all stress related.Can anybody please help,its absolutely doing my head in.
hi i had the same problems for about 1 year got all sorts of tests done, after 2 years and a colonoscopy i was told i has a over-sensitive bowel. i also have to watch what i eat. cheese pastry and butter make me have really bad pains and the runs. i suggest you keep a note of everything you eat and see if you are worse or better after eating certain foods.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #6
(male)

bullettoothtony HB User

Thanks very much for the advice

Closed Thread