It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
(male)

g-daddy HB User
Poop too soft?

Hi all,

When I go to the bathroom I have to wipe excessively. It's as if there's some poop still in my sphincter that hasn't come out yet, but no matter how hard I push it won't come out - all that usuall happens is my hemorrhoid becomes enflamed and starts to bleed. (Sidenote: Growing up I was either constipated or only passed a stool every 3-4 days [no desire to otherwise]. This stopped around 16-17, and I feel much healthier now when I make regular movements, but maybe something about those irregular movements or constipation messed up muscle control I *should* have at this point in my life, so I'm not releasing the last bit?) I live in a dorm so I don't like to spend a lot of time on the toilet, and honestly I have spent minutes on it trying to relax to 'drop' the extra nugget, but nothing comes of it. What foods can I eat to harden my poop that won't give me constipation?

Anyone have advice on relaxing to get rid of this last nugget, or other advice? Thanks

/edit: it's also emberassing because no matter how hard I clean in the shower one day, the next time I poop my butt will smell pretty bad again. Sometimes I'll pass stool with no need to wipe and it doesn't smell. It makes me very self-conscious even though I know no one can smell it through my jeans, but if I am ever in a situation with a girl or etc. I would really like to resolve this issue.

Last edited by g-daddy; 02-08-2007 at 01:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User
Re: Poop too soft?

Try putting pressure with your hand just above your rectum on your back (down low) while pushing and see if that helps.

Kel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Poop too soft?

I suggest that you start taking a water soluble fiber supplement like Metamucil to help your stool be bulky and regular w/o straining.

Too soft stools means you are not getting enough soluble fiber but too much insoluble fiber--- You need a combination of both for regular bulky stool with less wiping.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 02-08-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Closed Thread