It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

averimomma HB User
Red face Bowel Issues

I am a female and I am 24 years old. I am 5'7 and 140 lbs. My mom's mom died of colon cancer 5 years ago. My mom began having problems and went to urgent care and they said she had a small tear. Her symptoms did not get any better. She went and seen a gastro dr and they did a colon scope last week and they tested some spots and it was cancer. Right now they are saying it is cancer of the rectum but they said it could be anal cancer as well. Okay to my problem. I have always had problems with my bowel movements. I can go days without a bowel movement. I dont think I was ever on a regular schedule. Every time I go to the bathroom no matter what I have a little bright red blood on the toilet paper. Bowel movements have always hurt!!! I dred going to the bathroom. Before I go to the bathroom I have sharp severe off and on pains from my belly down into my rectum. It is almost crippling! I feel bloated and miserable! When I go to the bathroom it hurts so bad but I feel so much relief when I am done. My belly finally feels like it should. I am very scared to go to the dr because I know the exam is going to hurt and my bottom hurts enough without an exam. I know my family is at a high risk to get cancer but even knowing that I cannot bring myself to do it. With the last few days it is hard for me to urinate as well. My bladder can be so full it hurts but I have to "push" to keep the flow going. I dont know if my bladder has anything to do with my colon problems? Just figured since my bowel was bothering me a lot in the last few days maybe it has something to do with my bladder. Please anyone help me. I need some positive things to look at with my mom going through cancer that her mom died from! I dont want to end up dead!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
(female)

nikki2006 HB User
Re: Bowel Issues

aww i am sorry to hear that your mum is going thru that and becasue cancer seems to run in your family, i can fully understand that you are worried which is why you really should visit your doctor.. I am sorry i have no ideas as to what could be causing your problems but as uncomfortable as it is to visit the dr, it really would be the most sensible thing to do AND it sounds like you are uncomfortalbe alot of the times anyway so perhpas a little more temporary pain inflicted by the dr could put a stop to what u face daily.. Good luck, please think about it

Old 02-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Bowel Issues

With the history of bowel cancer in your family. You should really see a gastrologist and discuss this problem with him. I'm sure he will recomend that you have a colonoscopy now and more frequently then most people because of the family history. Please take care of yourself and see a doctor soon.

Closed Thread