It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 05:17 AM   #1
(female)

Gavi112 HB User
Abdominal pressure - wind/gas?

I have always had a very active bowel its not unusual for me to go 4 times a day. I also alternate between loose in morning then hard pellet like in evening and as I have been like this for past 20 years its obviously just me.

I always have lots of wind/gas by late afternoon and evening and go through phases of how uncomfortable/painful it can be.

Last week I noticed that the area from my tummy button to my waist line felt very pressured as if somehting was pulling tightly like a corset and it kept moving around from one side to other sometime under belly button then it would be back to waistline. I also had lots of pops, gurgles and explosions!
It isn't painful as such just extrememly uncomfotable and it gets worse when I lay down at night in bed as if stretching out flat makes the pressure worse. I do not have it constantly usually starts in evening. Getting rid of the gas! eases it off.

My Dr examined me and said its just wind moving around and as the bowel inflates it feels tight. I have had clear stool tests for occult blood and tested negative for coeliac disease.

Would liek to know if anyone else can relate to these symptoms?

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Thoracic back/abdominal pain...can anyone help please? Hulitoons Back Problems 2 05-16-2009 06:41 AM
Abdominal type pressure/ pain upon waking HELP! TonyaM Anxiety 2 07-31-2007 08:09 PM
Excess gas and pressure around tummy button/waist area Gavi112 Bowel Disorders 0 03-05-2007 05:30 AM
Shooting pains in underarms, face pain, abdominal pain...looking for answers. wonderingtoo Lymphomas 3 03-01-2007 08:16 AM
Side Effects of General Anesthesia? Abdominal Pain/Cramps 1 of them? EthnicRhino1 General Health 14 08-28-2005 11:15 AM