It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
(male)

handyman1355 HB User
Angry hemorrhoid banding

Hi, Im new to this site but hope I can get some answers. I have just had internal hemorrhoid banding and just was wandering if it was normal to not know whether the pressure is from surgery or the need for a bowel movement,I know that sounds silly but I dont want to strain too much and maybe make things worse. thanks for any help,also how long before the hemorrhoids pass?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User
Re: hemorrhoid banding

Hi There,

I did not have the same surgery as you, and I don't know much about banding, but I had extensive rectal surgery a month ago and can only offer a little advice based on what happened to me. I think it is normal to feel heaviness and pressure after such a procedure. I also felt the same "pressure". Unfortunately, I didn't listen to it, and ended up impacted 3 times after my surgery. That was aweful! If your not on a fiber supplement, I would recommend one, and don't go too long before trying to pass stool. For me, even still a month later from my surgery, I have to prepare myself to "push through the pain" to have a bowel movement. It has gotten so much better, and now I can tell if I am starting to get plugged up a little, and am careful about what I eat. There is a very fine line between pushing through the soreness to have a bm, and straining too hard and hurting yourself and doing more damage. I would try to stay as regular as you were before having the procedure. If you are worried, Milk of magnesia 1 tbsp is a very gentle way of helpng things along. I used it the 3 times I was impacted (never more than 2 doses) Also increase your water intake a lot!! (100 oz per day) Raisen bran helped me out a lot also. Hope your feeling better soon.

Kel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
(male)

handyman1355 HB User
Re: hemorrhoid banding

thanks that does help

Closed Thread