It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
(male)

lodgen HB User
harry i need your help

i had hemmroid surgery ,fissure, two months ago ,i was doing good till three weeks ago with soft stools , but allof a sudden i am getting peblle ,lumpy stools ,i drink 12 galss of water each day .soups with vegs whole wheat bread.teaspoon of fiber powder afer each meal,mangos, apple. how am i getting hard stools ,i go every day and they are always hard at the begining
i also take stoll softerner two a day and miralax ita an osmatic laxitive.
is it possible to have fiber and water and still have these stools ,can the ibs
cause this no matter what i eat.can you give me an exact diet to eat ,i need to have soft stools

thanks

Old 02-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: harry i need your help

lodgen,

I am sorry you are having so much trouble since your surgery.
It is far better to have a soft stool.

Usually when you do not drink enough water then your stool will become hard and pebble looking.

I hope you are using psyllium type of fiber that is in Metamucil and make sure you drink it mixed with water just like the directions say!

I suggest than you eat food that is easy to digest-- no raw fruit or veggies or melons.

Eat rice-- it is the only starch that does not produce gas because it is digested in the small intestines and I eat yogurt.

Do you have the constipation type IBS. If you do -- I don't know what you should eat?

With the fiber, stool softener and laxative you are taking plus the water you are drinking -- your stool should be loose.
I suggest you contact your Regular Doctor for help -- I don't think your surgeon will be much help since your surgery was 2 months ago.

I wish you well---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
(male)

lodgen HB User
Unhappy Re: harry i need your help

i have ibs-c ,i eat mostly puree food ,if i eat cantlope i blend it and add water
all my vegs are steamed and with soup,any fruit i eat is also blended to puree
forum ,i can figure it out ,i mix the fiber in my soups or juice .funny thing is i am rgular every day and clean out,but the hard stools are the basic problem,
i think my intestines are not contracting proper and causing the hard stools,
if i puree all my food is that not okay,i figure fruit is fine and catelope also if
blended it smooth ,or should i just not eat it at all.
thanks

Old 02-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: harry i need your help

lodgen,

I am not familiar with eating puree form food so I really don't know how they react in the gastrointestinal tract.

I do know you have to be extremely careful with some fruits as well as veggies because the outside contains alot of mold and cutting it up can easily contaminates the food and I have read that cantalope is one of the worse..

I take psyllium twice daily and I mix it with water, stir briskly and drink it promptly. Like the directions say. So, the fiber absorbs the water in my GI tract -- I then know it is well dispersed in the water.
I have been taking it for 23 years and I have never added it to any food or even juice -- just water.
Also, the only thing I drink is steam distilled water. And,Kefir (plain) about 4 ouces every other day before breakfast.

The hard stools have be related to the way you are taking your fber??

Harry

Closed Thread