It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
(female)

fatoom90 HB User
Unhappy Rectal Prolapse...Need HELP PLZ!!!

I think I have rectal prolapse since I have a part of my rectum showing off that makes me feel like I wanna deficate when I push it inside. It's not large but it's bathering me alot, yak...

I am a medical student & know from my readings that the only solution is the surgery & that it should be done from a tommy incision, otherwise if you do it from the anus propably it will come over again.

Tell me what to do & why is that? I'm not any of the liable ones to get it!!! oh may be, i don't know. OK I do anal sex with my husband, could it be the reason???Do I have to stop doing it (last time i did it was before 7 months)?

I dont want to do the surgery Is there any thing I can do rather than that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
(female)

angel1974 HB User
Re: Rectal Prolapse...Need HELP PLZ!!!

Hi Fatoom,

First of all, I know how you feel cause i had the same thing and got operated for it. I was 29 when i got operated and I recovered so quickly. You're right there was 2 options but my doctor recommended the one with the incision in the tummy, cause it's more efficient not like the other because chances are higher for a relapse.
I recommend you do it, and you'll feel so much better and recovery is quick.
As for the intercourse, it doesn't make it worse and i'm sure it's easier because of your problem, but once you get operated it won't be as easy if you understand what i mean.
well if you need further information please write back.
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 04:07 AM   #3
(female)

bess01 HB User
Re: Rectal Prolapse...Need HELP PLZ!!!

Hi i also have a prolapsed rectum.I have never had anal sex,so i dont know if this is the cause for this condition or not.My doctor said a very long natural labour birth delivery will most times be responsible for this problem.But i think it is inherited,by having poor pelvic muscles.My brother and auntie show symptons which are evident of this problem.I have had this problem now for about 4 years.I has got increasingly worse over the years.I found by washing my bottom and inserting my finger, to clean out any remaining bm,helped to stop the leakage and itchy bottom that followed.I suppose this could have made my condition worse,i dont know.Now i have bad pain every day,after i have a bm.My prolapse only comes out about 1 inch and goes back in again,by it self.I was talking to a lady who said her prolapse came out 3 inches,she was operated on by a private surgeon who done her repair from her back passage.She said her surgeon tore her bladder while doing the operation, and had to put in 100 stitches to her bladder,which has now caused her to suffer with bladder incontinence, since her operation 13 months ago.I think it also is best to have the tummy op done,but if there is also hemorrhoids present they might have to operate through the back passage.But i will look in to this well after i have my colonostpy next month when i know more.I feel you would be wise to avoid anal sex from now on,even after surgery to fix it all up.Best wishes from bess01.

Closed Thread