It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
(male)

Mikey911 HB User
Annoying itching feeling soon after BM

Hi all...glad to have found this forum. I've had an issue that I've been dealing with for the past year or two and finally decided it was annoying enough to try and get some answers for.

Generally, I've noticed that after a bowel movement, typically anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so later, I begin to get an itching or irritating feeling around my anus. What this always results in is a visit back to the bathroom, where I find that I need some extra wiping, as if I had just gone to the bathroom.

I should mention that for the most part, my bowel movements are normal and I'm usually pretty regular...going 1-2x daily most often. I wipe very carefully but have noticed that most of the time, even if I wipe until there is seemingly nothing left to wipe up...I will still get these sensations after a short while, and will need to wipe up again.

Typically, a way around this for me is to take a bath or shower and clean very carefully, or to use a wet tissue. This is easy enough to do at home but much more of an annoyance when at work or elsewhere.

In short...normal wiping does not do the job, and 99% of the time, I need to return to the bathroom to wipe up again to relieve the itchy sensation I'm feeling.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you may provide.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Annoying itching feeling soon after BM

Caryy some wet wipes with you and use those after a bowel movement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

adamace1 HB User
Re: Annoying itching feeling soon after BM

Hemroids.... I was told by doctor i have them, i only get itching ever now and then.

Closed Thread