It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
(female)

npainnTN HB User
Unhappy Need help with 3yr old and her bm's

My little girl is 3 years old. She has always had a problem with constipation. She was on lactulose at 6 months, plus my whole family also has problems, so she has nothing good going for her.

It doesn't seem to matter what I feed her, or give her, it just doesn't help. She only goes about every 4-5 days, and when she goes its horrible, it is so big, that I don't know how it comes out . the past 2 times I thought i was going to have to take her to the walk in ER here. Because I could feel it in her colon. But she finally went, but oh my goodness. The last time I finally got her to sit on the potty and try (we are potty training but having lots of trouble) and she finally did and it helped but the poor thing was crying her eyes out. I have never seen anything like it in my life. I don't want to start her back on laxatives, but I don't know what else to do. I take her after meals like they say to but all she wants to do is lay back on the seat and play.

Does anyone have any questions? Anything would be greatly appreciated. I can't stand to see her in that much pain. I am afraid its going to end up tearing her rectum or something bad.

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice....

jenn

Old 03-01-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Need help with 3yr old and her bm's

One thing that does seem to help is drinking Apple Cider not juice but the real cider.Prune juice also if you can get her to drink it or stewed prunes. Pop corn also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
(female)

npainnTN HB User
Re: Need help with 3yr old and her bm's

Thanks, I didn't know about the cider. She will not eat prunes or drink the juice. She loves raisens though. And we do have popcorn about 1 time a week.

The bathroom that she went in is the main bathroom, and I have a bath in my bedroom so I go there. I went in hers today flushed and it overflowed majorly. It hasn't been used since the monster. lol

thanks
jenn

Closed Thread