It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
(male)

TooheyNew HB User
Endless Wiping

I had a traumatic event in my life about a year ago and it gave me irritable bowel syndrom. The IBS seems to have gone away and I'm back to regular bowel movements, but one problem seems to linger. It seems that no matter what I do, I can't wipe enough and there are always stains on my underwear. I recently checked when I got home and there was a tiny piece of feces entangled in my rectal area (in the hair essentially). Since I've checked, I notice it almost everytime and its really irritating, I dont' know what to do. (I've actually thought about electrolysis in that area)

I had a fissure about 1.5 years ago and have always been a bit nervous about getting one again so I don't ever strain! Occassionally I'm so nervous about it that I don't fully relax when going to the bathroom and actually constrain the muscle before letting it out (also due to a bit of anxiety in going in public places). Either way, not sure if this contributes to my problem.

This seems to be like something that would happen if you had diarrhea or something, but not everyday normal bowels.

Its especially bad on hot days when the area gets sweaty! I'm very self-conscious about it.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
(female)

karic HB User
Re: Endless Wiping

Could you have a hemorrhoid? Usually, when I get one, it's hard to stay clean..Also, try using moist wipes to get the area clean.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

Wet wipes should help. Carry a travel size package in your pocket to use when your not at home and keep some in your bathroom to use.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #4
(male)

TooheyNew HB User

Yes, I do have a hemorrhoid. Its been there forever.. I haven't strained in years since my fissure, but I never thought this would contribute to my problem. It actually right near the hole of the rectum... I have a colonoscopy lined up soon, maybe I'll have it removed then.

Closed Thread