It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
(female)

bartl HB User
Question Prolapsed bowel? Someone help please!

1st time user. I was told about 10 years ago that I had a prolapsed uterus, which was causing my pain. It confused me because I had a partial hysterectomy 5 years before. I was also told I had a prolapsed bowel showing through the vaginal area. Now I have SOMETHING coming outside and it is a bit painful. Does ANYONE have any ideas as to what is going on? I have no insurance now and no doctor to consult. How can I fix this thing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 01:30 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

plasva HB User
Re: Prolapsed bowel? Someone help please!

Contact your state's health dept. and ask about programs for those who have no insurance, so that you can hopefully get Medicaid, or an afforadable plan of some sort for the future.

For this issue, unless you can live with it (I wouldn't be able!), I'd go to the E.R. of whichever hospital in your city tends to deal most with the uninsured folks and ask to be seen. Tell them you'll work out a payment plan for the bill. Then, just pay what you can afford toward the bill each month... what else can you do? Hopefully, you won't need surgery, but it would be good to get a diagnosis....

You deserve medical care... I have lived without insurance, too, and it feels horrible knowing that you have to live with problems, or pay huge bills, or risk losing all of your savings, while other people get free healthcare... we should all have access to low-cost healthcare.

PS: Ask around... there might also be a lower cost walk-in clinic that would charge less that the E.R.

Last edited by plasva; 03-07-2007 at 01:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
(female)

aussie_girl HB User

i have just been told i have a prolapsed lower rectal intestinal wall, not sure if this is the same but it sounds the same. doc told me i would have to take parachoc daily for 3 months min so that the intestinal walls bounce back. i have tried it and doesnt seem to be working and is costing so much cant get back in to see doc til the 21st so will just wait i guess.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
(female)

bartl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_girl View Post
i have just been told i have a prolapsed lower rectal intestinal wall, not sure if this is the same but it sounds the same. doc told me i would have to take parachoc daily for 3 months min so that the intestinal walls bounce back. i have tried it and doesnt seem to be working and is costing so much cant get back in to see doc til the 21st so will just wait i guess.
It may be the same thing. I have some type of fleshy protrusion from the vaginal area, and I have trouble with pain. Whenever I have a bowel movement, it feels like the protrusion is coming out further. I certainly hope that you get some help quickly. This stuff can be awful. Good luck and keep me posted, please.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
(female)

aussie_girl HB User

yeh i think its the same thing i was looking up sites about it and its otherwise called rectocele or something and they seem to suggest needing an operation which has got me scared now. i hope this isnt the case.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User

I have a prolapsed rectum, but mine protrudes from the anus, not the vagina.
I was told I could have surgery to correct it.
I have good health insurance, but the recovery from the surgery is 6 weeks, and I don't yet feel that the cost outweighs the benefits.
But I frequently feel the need to have a bowel movement when I stand up.
It's been about a year.
It's been about 18 years since I started having bladder incontinence and haven't had surgery for that either.
I know I should take care of these things while I have insurance, but the procedures I've had done were psychologically very difficult for me to deal with.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User

No thanks, smith.
Supplements are not going to put internal organs back into place that were pushed around during 3 41-week pregnancies and 3 difficult labor/deliveries.

Closed Thread