It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 06:18 AM   #1
(female)

Katt1974 HB User
Diverticulosis help?

I'm new to this whole thing. Are there any home remedies for diverticulosis flare ups? Am trying fiber pills, and drinking Aloe juice every day, but still have pain. Any other suggestions?

Old 03-08-2007, 02:39 AM   #2
(female)

ATootsie HB User
Re: Diverticulosis help?

I'm far from an expert but changing your diet will help to some degree! Go Fat Free milk and dairy products, stay away from spicy rich sauces, No nuts or popcorn hules! Drink more water! I also try to stay away from gasy veggies and fruits! Hope it helps! Toots

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 04:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User

my dr did a catscan on me and said i have Diverticulosis i dont quite understand what this is i did suffer from IBS since i was like 37 or 38 im now 44 my prob is sometimes my b/m are loose and sometimes i cant go at all and other times im constipated its right there ready to come out but no matter how much i push i just cant get it out ,does anyone know anything about that new fiber choise they are chewable sort of like tums only fiber choise is for fiber i called drug store 90 pills are 14.00 .if i have Diverticulosis will i need surgery ? and will this ever go away ,will it get worse ? i have never heard of this in my life ,but i knew i was taking zelnorm and that didnt seem to work it did for a little while but then it just stopped i tried benafiber metamucil nothing has helped me milk of mag is yuky and it made me have diarea my stomach growls all the time .somedays i do just fine and somedays i feel very bloted and cant stand it any advice would be helpfull i see my internal medicine dr the 23rd as i also have thyriod disorder this will be my first visit as i just found out about both things i mentioned above .
vickie45

Old 03-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
(female)

gomer4 HB User

I suffered with diverticulitis for years, and I never found anything to help with a flare-up short of antibiotics. You want to get a flare up under control. I did avoid popcorn/nuts, but would flare-up at random times anyway--usually 3-5 times a year. I eventually had a foot of my colon removed, and have not had a flare up since. There are alot of people here who have resections due to this condition, and they were extremely helpful to me when I was facing it.
Diverticulitis does not go away on its own.
Avoiding constipation is very important. That is something I struggled with alot. I seem to have that under control now too. Too bad I didn't control that a few years ago like I am now, and maybe I wouldn't have messed my colon up so much.
Any questions, I would be happy to try to answer. This is a problem that was very painful, and I remember vividly all the struggles I had with it.
I am almost a year post surgery! It was the best decision I ever made concerning this problem
Lori

Closed Thread