It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Asacol, Entocort and Cipro (oh my)

I'm posting to see if there is anyone else with similar symptoms that I think might be a drug reaction, to one or the combination of these three drugs.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's over a year ago, which went into remission shortly after the diagnosis. It's flared up recently and I was put on these three drugs. First just the Asacol and after a week or so they added the Entocort and Cipro to try to put the Crohn's back in remission.

I was getting sleeplessness, which I know if from the Entocort (I was taking it at night and have switched to mornings) but what is bothering me as of yesterday (about 3rd day in to Ento and Cipro) is what seems to be hot flashes or adrenaline rushes... also WITH the flashes/rushes I feel what I can only describe as Braxton Hicks contractions, a tightening in my abdomen. It tightens (no pain) and there is a slow burn in my body which rises to my face and I have shortness of breath. It's not fun! Is this from the drugs or the disease or something new?!

Would love to hear from others with some insight. I know what my GPs answer will be "never heard of that" and I usually find something in the message boards!

Thanks!

Old 03-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User
Re: Asacol, Entocort and Cipro (oh my)

Hi,

I don't have any experience with the exact type of drugs you are on, but I have had almost the same exact reaction from taking migraine medicine. My doctor switched me to a different med. I couldn't handle the shortness of breath, and hot flushing feeling that went from my toes to my head. It felt like I had a bear sitting on my chest. I also had a very fast heartbeat. I would definitely let your dr. know, or call the pharmacist-they sometimes know more about reactions.
Kelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
(male)

nick89 HB User
Re: Asacol, Entocort and Cipro (oh my)

i took avelox which is in the same family of antibiotic as cipro (fluoroquinolones). i only took 8 pills for a sinus infection. cipro has over 150 possible side effects including the ones you mentioned. i have been wheelchair bound ever since i took avelox plus many other life altering side effects. cipro and other fluoroquinolone antibotics are life and death drugs, which shouldnt even be on the market. becareful.

Last edited by nick89; 03-11-2007 at 07:54 PM.

Closed Thread