It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
(female)

pearl2 HB User
Does anyone else have this or know what it is?

I sure hope someone on here can offer some suggestions because I have NO clue what could be wrong with me, and I have a feeling if I go to the doctor, he's not going to have a clue, either.
About a month ago I noticed I was feeling ever so slightly nauseous every now and then....nothing that really bothered me but felt kind of like how one might feel if they go hungry too long, but it wasn't quite that intense. I found I felt better if I ate something so didn't think much of it. But, I did realize I had started on this apple kick back then, eating at least one a day, sometimes two, and thought that may have had something to do with the way I felt because of all the sugar, so I stopped eating those. Well, last week I noticed I wasn't feeling all that great, again nothing that was terrible but enough for me to take notice. Explaining the feeling is going to be hard but I'll try my best - I first noticed last week Wed. that I just didn't feel as good as I usually do, but nothing that stopped me from going about my day. Thursday was worse, felt like my stomach was upset during the day, ate a nice dinner and felt great afterwards and for the rest of the evening. Friday felt 'not great' again but not as bad as Thursday, and Saturday felt perfectly fine all day, all night. Figured whatever it was had run it's course and was over. But yesterday - Sunday - and also today, again not feeling great. What I'm feeling seems to be two different things but I'm sure they're connected - yesterday it felt very tight in my upper abdomen between the bottom of my ribcage and my navel, almost like something inside there was being stretched tight. Very odd feeling. It seemed to be more intense after a bowel movement because of the empty feeling I had afterwards, if that makes sense. After I ate dinner, I had a feeling of fullness even though I didn't eat any more than I usually do, and there was no bloating, I just 'felt' very full and uncomfortable. Now today, I don't so much have the upper tightness as an uncomfortable feeling in my abdomen. I've looked all over this board and can find nothing that sounds like what I'm feeling that isn't also associated with pain or other obvious symptoms, which I don't have. Now, I do have IBS which I've had for about 27 years, and for the most part it doesn't cause me any problems, but when it does, it usually pertains to excess gas. But I also usually have bloating when I get that, and I'm not bloated. As I said, I don't have pain anywhere, I'm not fatigued, no fever, bowel movements are fine, nothing that jumps out at me. I even tried my husband's Tums one day but they did nothing. I think if I go to the doctor, he's going to point his finger at IBS and I'm not sure that's what this is, this doesn't feel like anything I've ever had with IBS, at least not for this long. I've had problems with gas and bloating at times but not for more than a day or so. I thought maybe trapped gas would make me feel like this, but don't you also get bloating with that and obvious gas movement and relief? I also thought maybe it was gastritus and that the lining of my stomach was possibly inflammed from taking a baby aspirin every day for the last couple of months but didn't think baby aspirin was strong enough to do that. Do my symptoms ring a bell with anyone on here, or does anyone at least have a suggestion? I keep asking myself what I've done different in the past month or so, and all I come up with is the two weeks of apple eating, and the daily baby aspirin. I'm willing to try anything someone on here may be able to suggest that could be causing it or something that may help. I always thought apples were good for you but never realized they contained sugar, which I do have a problem digesting (which is also why I can't eat peaches or other such fruit). And baby aspirin, I can't imagine that causing a problem?
Sorry for the length of this post, I did try to find some answers in a search before writing this but couldn't find anything that helped. I sure hope you guys have some suggestions for me, and I appreciate any you can offer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Does anyone else have this or know what it is?

pearl2,
Your symptoms are too general to make any suggestion??
Sorry---Harry

Old 03-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

tired-of-it-all HB User

all those symptoms can really be anything but only cause i have heard those symptoms of other people either having possibly gall bladder problems or have appendix checked these slight uncomfortable symptos could be leading up to a big one.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
(female)

pearl2 HB User

Thank-you you guys so much for replying, I was beginning to think no one on here could help.

Harry, actually you were the first person to pop into my head when I posted on here because I see your name everywhere. I reread my post and realized it was somewhat long and probably contained info that wasn't necessary but didn't want to leave anything out. Maybe if I shorten it some.....main symptom is a heaviness, or pressure feeling, in the abdomen area. That's pretty much it.
I feel it more on some days than others, but there's no pain anywhere, no change in bowels, no bloeating, nothing else that jumps out at me, it's just an uncomfortable feeling in my abdomen that's better some days, worse than others. Because I'm female and have already gone thru menopause, someone suggested maybe it was bladder prolapse, but I have no other symptoms of that, either. I did have a colonoscopy about a year and a half ago, everything fine but was told I did have mild diverticulosis. Thought maybe that was maybe causing my symptoms but I don't think so, again no pain or anything that's usually associated with it. I don't think it's anything to do with my gall bladder only because I don't have the usual symptoms that would point to that, but I'm pretty much open to any suggestions or ideas that may help. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by pearl2; 03-14-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

pearl2,
Good to hear from you. This heaviness could be caused by not having complete BMs.

I suggest that you start taking a water soluble fiber supplement like Metamucil daily with alot of water. It will make your BMs regular, more complete, without straining.
That is the only thing I could thing of that would make you feel like you do??

God Bless----Harry

Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
(female)

pearl2 HB User

Thanks Harry....I'm pretty sure they're 'complete'. Without being too graphic, today it was very much 'complete' but I still feel the same way. You don't have any other ideas?

Old 03-14-2007, 09:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

I am not into female or urinary tract problems. So I really don't have any ideas.

Sorry---Harry

Old 03-15-2007, 07:19 AM   #8
(female)

ATootsie HB User

Seems to me it could be 1 of 3 things! All of which should be checked out by your Dr. 1 an Ulcer,galbladder, or your liver! I,ve had a problem with all three and symptoms are similar! You could try eating more meals but smaller quantities and no fat. I used to think I was super full after I ate until I found out it was my liver telling me something was wrong! Since I've been aware of my problem I eat alot less fat and dairy and I'm feeling alot better! Make an appointment with your Dr. Toots

Old 03-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #9
(female)

pearl2 HB User

Well thank-you so much. Wouldn't any of these cause pain though? I don't have pain anywhere, did you? Or was the feeling of fullness the only symptom you had? So they didn't do anything for you, just changed your diet?

I don't really eat fatty food so don't know if I feel it more with certain foods or not. Anyway, you don't have any symptoms now since changing your diet?

Closed Thread