It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #1
(female)

Reyne HB User
In Pain...any ideas

I am a 36yr old female and dealing with lower left pelvic pain. This pain is stabbing, dull, achy it feels like a grapefruit...like there is something there. And it never goes away.

I have had every test under the sun CT scan, a lap (look for female tumors), blood work, ultra sound. All of the Dr's cannot find a thing????

I am scheduled for a colonoscopy in April but just want to know if any of you have similiar symptoms. I also have been gassy....wow watch out

Staring to get depressed and just feel like giving up. Oh ya, the Dr did put me on anti depressants...hope that helps.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: In Pain...any ideas

Is the pain near your groin? Do you limp?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

Sounds like me last year (I am also 36/female). It is depressing when you are sick and they can't find anything wrong.

My colonoscopy and upper endoscopy were the last tests done. That's when they told me I had Crohn's. We're talking months of pain and tests (and thousands of dollars). They put me on meds (asacol, entocort and cipro) and a month or so later I was back to normal.

I hope something is found with the colonoscopy so they can fix it. Keep hope! I know how difficult it can be! I'm coming out of a flare up from the Crohn's but at least I know what it is and know I can fix it now! Anyway to move the colonoscopy date up? April?? Jeesh.

Btw, I am burpy ALL the time, even when I don't have pain! Very attractive

Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
(female)

Reyne HB User

Yes...my pain is in the groin and when it is bad, I limp . The Dr's thought possible hernia but during the laporscopy the gyno thought everything looked good.

Zoegirl-
Thanks for the response and giving me hope they might find something. Although I do not wish it to be Crohns...I just want an answer. I am glad to read you got an answer.

I would rather be burpy then gassy anyday!! Oh well you cannot always get what you want huh???

Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Hi Reyne, Can you have your hip scanned? Your pain sounds just like a friend of mine who had a bad inflammation in her hip joint. That may explain why your abdomen is clear but you still have the pain etc. All the best, Sera

Old 03-15-2007, 06:07 AM   #6
(female)

Reyne HB User

Sera-
The have done a Ct scan and could see nothing. I just had a Laporscopy and the Dr looked in that area...nothing.

But thanks for the advice!!! I will take any ideas at this point...I just want my life back and pain free.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:48 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Reyne,
I am having the same exact problem, except my pain is in the right side, and it seems like there is a huge grapefruit stuck in there as well. thats exactly how it feels except major pain included in it right? ive also had the colonoscopy, ct scans, mri's, you name it. ive had it before , to the point i had a laproscopy three years ago, and they didnt find anything either except for a few adhesions that they fixed at the time, but did nothing much for the pain.

now ive got to make another appt with the surgeon, because he wants to go in (lapo) and check again. i also have fibromyalgia but i dont think that pain is because of the fibro. im debating whether or not to have another lapo if it didnt really clear up the pain 3 years ago. about a year AFTER the lapo, the pain sorta just calmed down quite a bit, but has been hurting severely since oct of 2006. i dont know what it could be either, but i thank the poster who said it might be hip inflammation, because at times, i have noticed (and much more in the last month) that my hip on that side has started to hurt pretty bad, not just deep inside the groin/pelvic lower right side (abdomen too), but also goes right thru me now to the back. i can push deep down with my fingers on my tummy and feel the pain as well NOW when i push down on my pelvic/bone /hip bone. It also is intruding badly on my IBS, i feel gassy, and my bowels seem to be running slow as well. Am going to ask doctorS if they could check my hip bone to see if it is inflammed , because my sed rate seems to be high all the time as well.
Jen - praying that we might find the answers and that we get our lives back because this pain is simply horrible.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:08 AM   #8
(female)

Reyne HB User

Jennetti-
I understand your frustration. Could you have a hernia?? There are more organs on the right side that could radiate pain there.

I had my lap last thurs...I am still very frustrated. I was upset because my original pain was still there and then pain from surgery did not help. But I am glad I got the lap because now I know there is not something there that could burst or cause problems.

Do what is right for you and hang in there!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #9
(female)

allalone2 HB User

I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with that pain on top of everything else.I've had pelvic pain for as long as I can remember,had every test under the sun(laproscopy,mri,xrays etc.),and the only conclusion that my doc could come up with was 'chronic pelvic inflammation'.I also was diagnosed with Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder,and that also keeps pain in that region for weeks at a time.from what I've read,pelvic pain is also something that FMS sufferers deal with.Keep your head up and I'll pray that you'll actuallyget a diagnosis and not an ideaof what the problem might be!

( REMOVED )

Last edited by moderator2; 03-16-2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Closed Thread