It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

cath1024 HB User
mucus and jelly stools???

Hi,

For the past week or so I have had these really strange stools ... there is alot of mucus like a jelly consistancy to it.
It all started last week when i had 2 days of very hard to pass BM's, i started taking metamucil to help soften them up and make them easier to pass ... the metamucil realy bulked them up but now i have thes strange thick mucus jelly stuff in with my stool.

Do you think this is something to be concerned about?

I do have Crohns Diease for the past 15-20yrs but am not in a flare ... I also have had fissures in the past and possibly had one last week when i tried to pass the hard stools as there was a bit of blood on it.

Thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to cath1024:
wizetoto (03-19-2011)
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Blood and Mucus in Stool cromartie Bowel Disorders 5 07-23-2010 02:51 AM
Blood mucus IBS and anxiety Tool80 Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 1 07-22-2008 08:42 AM
blood and mucus in stool, please help!! ay_tech Bowel Disorders 9 04-18-2007 01:29 PM
Gross but stringy white puss or mucus on stools shar36 Bowel Disorders 8 08-11-2005 03:07 PM
Brown mucus-jelly like in BM's after fibre supplement steff25 Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 1 06-29-2005 10:31 PM