It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #1
(female)

~*iheartu*~ HB User
Unhappy bleeding...

This time get graphic sorry. So i really hate talking about this kind of stuff... and i know i couldn't go to a doctor for this cuz im just nervous. Anyways, i think this all really started when i had anal sex about a year ago, before that i never really had rectal bleeding, but since then most of the time whenever i have a bowel movement i'll bleed. I know if i took my time or if i didn't like force it (sorry dont know another term to use) i probably wouldn't bleed. If its soft then i'm fine i don't bleed.
So is there anything i can do to stop the bleeding, like without doing to the doctor's? Or does this sound more serious that i should get it checked out?
I think i was really hoping it would just go away, but i don't think its going too i really dont like doctor's and its kinda of awkward to say whats wrong with me

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
(male)

Marc78 HB User
Re: bleeding...

Hello iheartu. It sounds to me like you might have a small anal fissure, which is a small split in the skin inside the rectum. An anal fissure can be caused by any number of things, including passing hard, dry stools. They are an extremely common problem. But if you have a fissure that has not completely healed after a year, you really should go see a gastroenterologist or colorectal surgeon. I know it's an embarrassing problem, but you have to remember that these doctors are trained to deal with these types of things--they see lots of patients with similar issues every day. Besides, sooner or later, pretty much everyone experiences some type of bowel problem--you are certainly not alone. I would make an appointment to see a doctor. You might be a little nervous when you go--that's understandable. But you will feel much better afterwards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
(female)

~*iheartu*~ HB User

If it is that, what can they do to help it? (if you know)
Can someone like tell me what i would expect will happen at the visit so i'm kind of prepared?

Old 05-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
(male)

Marc78 HB User

At the visit, the doctor will ask about your symptoms. If you tell the doctor that you are bleeding with bowel movements, he or she will ask you about the color of the blood--whether it is bright red, indicating fresh blood, or dark colored, indicating blood from higher up in your intestine--and whether you notice it in the toilet water, on the toilet paper, or both. They might ask you when the bleeding started, but I don't really think you have to mention anal sex. It won't change the diagnosis. In fact, sometimes these things happen for no apparent reason. Are you having any pain? A fissure can cause sharp pain with bowel movements. Absence of pain does not rule out a fissure, but it could possibly indicate another problem, like hemorrhoids (which are even more common than fissures). If it is not too painful, the doctor will perform a digital rectal exam (stick his or her finger in your rectum) to feel for any abnormalities, or the doctor will simply spread your butt cheeks apart to look inside your rectum. I know this doesn't sound like too much fun. But you have to remember that these doctors do this all the time. The anus is just another part of the body, and sometimes it needs checking out. If it is a fissure, the doctor will probably suggest conservative measures at first--especially if you are not in serious pain. This usually consists of: wiping with baby wipes, instead of regular toilet paper; applying a diaper rash ointment like Balmex after bowel movements; drinking lots of water (8 glasses a day); taking a fiber supplement and/or a stool softener; and possibly using medicated creams. For hemorrhoids, the initial treatment is pretty much the same. I honestly don't think that you have anything to worry about. But it's better to get it checked out, at least for your own peace of mind. Like I said, your symptoms are very common. I've been through the whole fissure thing, and while it's not fun, it is not a serious condition. Get it checked out--you'll feel a lot better that you did. And seriously--don't worry. Rectal bleeding is very common and rarely indicates anything dangerous. Try to stay upbeat. Life's too short!

Old 05-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
(female)

~*iheartu*~ HB User

Thank u so much for ur input it really helped. I was pretty upset today about it, so hearing your replys helped so thank you

Old 05-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

My best friend started having anal sex and now suffers from the same problem that you have. She never had these problems before and now it's been 3 years...she still has issues with it every now and then. I'd definantly see if it clears up and if not then talk to your doctor about it. You can do damage if it goes on too long and you don't have it looked at. Good luck

Closed Thread