It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 02:45 AM   #1
(male)

ray00071 HB User
Pale & Thin Stools

I am a male in my 30’s.
I got Hemorrhoids many years ago and pending diet would occasionally get bleeding. Over the years I also noticed sometime certain foods like peas and olives would not get digested and pass through my system undigested. Still though I brushed this all aside and then last year my stools got thinner and pale, one time almost completely colorless.

I was really worried at that point but eventually it went away and I figured it was changes in my diet or stress that had caused it as I was trying to lose weight. Then this past year it started again, but this time it hasn’t gone away.
Occasionally my stools are more normal in size but those times I find it is quite painful due to my hemorrhoids.

Could these symptoms be from stress? Or could it be something cancer related? My grandmother died of Colon Cancer so I am worried about that. If it was cancer though, wouldn’t it have caused serious problems since I first noticed these systems over a year ago?

Thanks to anyone who can help give insight about this.

Last edited by ray00071; 06-10-2007 at 02:48 AM.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goldstar HB User
Re: Pale & Thin Stools

Have you ever considered doing a cleansing program? Due to your family history I would definately see a doctor just to ease your stress about the cancer.
I suffered with hemorrhoids and irregular bowel movements until I used DrNatura's "colonix" system 8 years ago. It eased my hemorrhoids and it definately helped me become regular. I continue to cleanse each year to keep my system in top working condition. Let us know how you are doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
(male)

ctbo HB User

when you use that cleansing program how long do you use if for for the first time?you say you use it once a year does that mean you use use it once or a few times?does it help people who get diarrhea or just constipation?did you get anything out of you like on there web site?

Old 06-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
(female)

Intron123 HB User

I agree that you need to see a doctor and tell them about your digestive and stool issues!

Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #5
(male)

ray00071 HB User

thanks for the input... I am going to try and clean up my diet, increase my level of exercise and see if it makes a difference... if not, then I will go into the doctor.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
(male)

oldman21 HB User
try flora pills and fish oil

Ray,

you need find a book on stomach maintainance (spelling). With the right diet and supplaments I bet you can cure yourself. I had similiar issues including severe gallbladder pain and irritated hemorrhoids . One symptom of a bad gallbladder is light colored stool and reaction to fatty meals.

I now take 2 flora pills daily (metagenics)
2 spectrazyme pills (enzymes from metagenics)
6 fish oils per day
2 vitamin E

eat many small meals, it will greatly help with pain. I also take fiber everyday.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:36 AM   #7
(male)

ray00071 HB User

Another thing I didn't mention is that my bowel movements seems to have slowed right down. Last week I didn't have a bowel movement in over 5 days which for me was a first.

I am hoping this is all cause of stress, lack of sleep, not enough exercise and balanced diet with timely meals (5 times a day).

I start my new regimen today and plan to give it 1 month at which point I will head to the doctor if I can't get things to clear up.

I will post again updating how things are coming along.

-Ray

Old 06-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #8
(female)

Intron123 HB User

Do you have any other cancers besides colon in your family? Including female cancers? If yes, you might want to talk to a Dr. sooner rather than later.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:01 AM   #9
(male)

distressed1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intron123 View Post
Do you have any other cancers besides colon in your family? Including female cancers? If yes, you might want to talk to a Dr. sooner rather than later.
Intron, why did you ask whether or not he had any history of female cancers in his family? How would this effect him, being a male?

Old 08-30-2007, 12:12 AM   #10
(male)

gwb123 HB Usergwb123 HB User

Hi Ray,
I am surprised at how reluctant people are to go to the doctor. Fear of cancer makes us want to avoid it in hopes the problem will go away. But it can be so many other things that cause thin stools, blood, diareah or constipation. All of them need to be dealt with by a doctor before it becomes a real problem. Don't ignore the problem. Any significant change in bowel habits needs to be looked at by a doctor. Diverticulitis, IBS, Chrone's and many other problems that need to be dealt with when it is easier to deal with them. Fiber is good, but make sure you get both soluable and insoluable fiber. Bran, metamucil, fruits, vegetables, whole grain and brown rice. Finely ground or milled flax seeds are a good fiber source.You have to drink lots of water with increased fiber intake or you will have problems. Lots and lots of water.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #11
(female)

Intron123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by distressed1 View Post
Intron, why did you ask whether or not he had any history of female cancers in his family? How would this effect him, being a male?
Ther reason is that sometimes cancer can be hereditary. There are several cancer syndromes (specific types of cancers, and possibly other findings, that occur together) that can go together in families with a mutation. Lynch syndrome 2 can be a possibility when there are cancers of the colon, uterus, ovary, pancreas.... within one family, usually at a younger age than in the general population. For these families, genetic testing can help identify who may be at risk of certain types of cancers and thus what type(s) of cancer screening would be beneficial, the frequency of the exams and what age to start them. Hope this answers your question.

Closed Thread