It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
(female)

Cess HB User
Stomach diverticulum

Hi,
Has anyone heard of a gastric diverticulum? I have been having intense GI pain and have had all tests, Upper GI, to Gall bladder scan and they are all normal, except it was seen that I have a gastric diverticulum. Only one, located on top of my stomach. They said imagine a fist and stick your thumb out. The fist is the stomach and the thumb is the diverticulum. They said when I eat foods that are hard to digest, they stay in my longer and when I eat again stuff gets pushed into the diverticulum and that causes the pain. I am told I can have surgery laproscopically to remove the diverticulum and it will be a 5 day stay in the hospital and a month recovery. I am just wondering if anyone else has gone through this!
Thanks,
Megan

Old 07-05-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
(female)

vonee HB User
Re: Stomach diverticulum

Yes, unfortunately my father was just admitted to the hospital with having a serious infection due to this diverticulim things busting. Now he's a stubborn ole man mind you and he waited til the very last minute after being so sick with fevers (high) fevers and severe pain etc.... They removed part of his colon. He's 68 yrs. old and is a tough ole bird. If he would had went to his doc as soon as he started flaring with this none of this would had been so bad for him so please don't put anything off if you are experiencing problems with this. Not a good idea. I hope that this helped, although it's rather negative but this is what happens when this isn't properly taken care of. Oh my dad, just wanna kick his butt! He's doing much better now after the antibiotics and surgery. But it was touch and go there for the first 48 hours due to the infection. God just wasn't ready for him to go home yet and I'm so glad.

Chin up and always talk with your doctor about anything and everthing so you will be takin care of properly! Don't put anything off or brush it off like it's just a little something and it will go away, not recommended!

Momdukes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread