It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
(female)

Claire13 HB User
Question Blood in toilet water and other symptoms

Hello there,

I would never normally write on a forum but I am too scared to go to a doctor (easily embarassed plus doctors never listen to me)

For a few years now I have had bright red blood in the toilet water, sometimes its not alot but sometimes its so bloody you cant see through the water cause its so red. There is always bright red blood on the toilet paper too and sometimes there is really thick dark globs of blood too.

I have suffered from constipation and very infrequent stools for the last few years. However for the last 3 weeks as part of my diet I have been eating loads of fibre which has stopped the constipation but I am still getting just as much blood even though I am not straigning to go to the toilet. So I am unsure as to what the problem could be.

I also suffer from having a bloated stomach most of the time, my stomach swells up and goes really hard and I find it hard to move. I thought I had IBS but didnt think having blood in the stools was a symptom of this.

Another thing I noticed was a few months ago I went to the doctors because of extreme fatigue..where I was living off lucozade to stay awake. I noticed that tiredness was a symptom of Colon cancer...however the fatigue isnt so noticeable now and I am not having to rely on pro plus etc. I dont know if symptoms can come and go??

Am I worrying for nothing or should I go get this checked. I dont wanna go to the doctors incase it is just piles and they just send me packing again. Thats all they ever do.

Please help.

Thanks, claire

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Blood in toilet water and other symptoms

Well--- I don't think it's a good idea to go on passing alot of blood with all your BMs.

Your only option is to see a Doctor and get a colon exam.
I had a colonoscopy last Friday because of rectal bleed -- my Colorectal Surgeon that coducted the test-- says that the only way to find out what is truely going on.

I wish you well--- Harry

Closed Thread