It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2007, 04:58 AM   #1
(female)

jean0784 HB User
buscopan

does anyone use or have used this for bowel problems? My doctor prescribed me it for my inflammatory bowel disease but im feeling very sick with it. Its helping me loads with BM's and its taking the pain away but im just feeling very sick run down and feel bloated with it, is this normal side effect?

thanks in advance

Last edited by jean0784; 07-21-2007 at 04:59 AM.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: buscopan

Hi..are you on any other meds besides the antispasmodic? I agree it'll help you with the cramping and pain and discomfort from spasming, and in effect will help with bms....but it's not a treatment for UC.

Side effects can make you feel tired and weak somewhat, blurred vision, dry mouth..etc. I would say, that if you're having that many bms daily that you're flaring.

Sometimes with UC, we have IBS...can be exacerbated by food, especially if we're flaring. Some foods will exacerbate UC symptoms such as diarrhea, frequency, bloating.

I use dicyclomine (antispasmodic) and it helps a lot, but I'm also on Asacol (6 daily) and Salofalk retention enemas (increase for flares and taper to maintenance).

I was diagnosed with UC 18 years ago, mine is proctosigmoiditis. Where is your UC...throughout or limited?

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 07-21-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
(female)

jean0784 HB User
Re: buscopan

thanks for your reply
im not sure what UC stands for and not sure what inflammatory bowel diseas is either all i know is after i eat certain things it passes straight through with mega cramps and comes out like water sorry to much info.

the doctor has only prescribed me iron tablets and buscopan and ive to go back in 2 weeks time for more blood tests to see how my iron level is doing but i think it will still be low as when i take the iron tablets im sick 10 minutes later ive never been good at taking any tablets and have never been able to keep iron tablets down even during both my pregnancies so i dont think its the buscopan thats making me sick as i take them at different times.

sorry im not much help at answering your questions as i have very little information on inflammatory bowel disease but all the doctor told me was its like IBS only different wich was no help to me at all

Closed Thread