It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
(female)

frazld HB User
Suspicious spots on liver and enlarged spleen.

Ok...i am 36 yrs old. For almost a year now i have had major bloating to almost looking pregnant again. 25+ weight gain in 3 mnths year ago. Have daily upper abdominal pain, nausea,fatique, can only eat small portions. Have no appetite, yet i eat cause i know i must. Sometimes it hurts so bad i get dizzy, weak, almost to point of vomiting. (Only done that on 2 separate occassions over a mnth ago, the vomiting part.)
Been to a gastroenterologyst and had an upper endoscopy done as well as esophagus dilation. Mild chronic gastritus found.
Just had an upper abd. ultrasound done, and a gastric emptying study done.
GEstudy came back normal, but ultrasound showed an enlarged spleen, and suspicious spots on my liver.
A small bowel follow thru test is scheduled, as well as an MRI for the liver/spleen.
Did have alkaline phosphatase tests elevated over a yr ago...and after 3 sets of re-tests at 3 mnth intervals the last one came back just under borderline normal.
Coincidence?? Anyone had these probs? Any ideas, info appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

P.s. son was born 4/2004 and he gave me a 4th degree tear(from one end to the other) which i assume was fixed properly. Yet, have "minor" gassiness that i cannot control to keep in at times ya don't want people to hear it....have some small twinges of pains inside rectum, but was told things seemed normal in that area. Nothing was checked there other than a manual exam during routine pap smear.

Last edited by frazld; 08-03-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread