It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

JustSmile HB User
Too Painful to "go!"

About a 2 months ago I went to a gastrologist for chronic constpation and bleeding that had been bothering me for over a year. I got a Sigmoidoscopy (sp?) and she said I had Hemmorhiods. My doctor had given me Colace and Miralax to soften my stools and told me to drink plenty of water.
Since then I have started drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day and taking Benefiber to help bulk up my stools.
For a while, it worked wonderfully and my Hemmorhiods havdn't bothered me too much. But a week ago, I had stayed at a friends and wasn't drinking a lot of water. Last teusday I had an extremely large and hard BM. Since then I have not had a BM because it is extremely painful to do so.
I get up and I -know- I have to go, but as soon as the stool begins to move it burns and stings and I want to cry. So I tense up and hold it in.
I used to have bleeding and slight pain from my Hemmorhiods, but nothing ever this painful.

Is it normal for Hemmorhiods to be this painful? I tried calling my doctor today but she wasn't in, so I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions. ):

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: Too Painful to "go!"

You are going to HAVE to "go." It will only get worse the longer you wait. You might need to use vaseline on the area before trying again to kind of ease the passage.

If it's truly been 8 days since you've "gone" you may very well need medical help. Call your doctor and ask for whomever is available.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
(male)

drhunter HB User
Re: Too Painful to "go!"

You didn't indicate how long it's been since you did move your bowels, but if you wait too long you may become impacted and will need to go to the ER for some help in removing the fecal mass.
If the Colace isn't working to soften the stool, you might try a mineral oil retention enema to soften the mass for easier expulsion. I would also ask the doctor for some hemmorhoid medication with hydrocortisone to help eleviate the pain you're experiencing.
Good luck and hope all goes well.

Closed Thread