It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
(male)

GotIron? HB User
small bowel bleeding

I have been anemic for the past 4 years and have also had every procedure under the sun to remedy the situation minus a lower double-balloon endoscopy and actual surgery. A camera capsule test did find an ulcer somewhere in the ileum however it cannot be pin pointed and there as been no luck reaching it with a standard colonoscopy. That is to say that the ulcer is the actual cause of the bleeding!
Has anyone out there heard of a case like this and if so what can be done about it. I am beginning to think that being anemic is something I am going to have to accept long term.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
(female)

loulou77 HB User
Re: small bowel bleeding

hi there

i too bleed really baddly and am tired all the time a very pale, i have had colonoscopys barium and they can't find why i am bleeding so heavliy so now waiting for a capsule thingy like you had. i too feel the same are we going to be like tis forever and surely they ca find a way to get rid of the ulcer. mythoughts are with you and praying they find a way to help you soon.x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread