It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
Another colonoscopy????

I had a colonoscopy in Dec 2005............and now am scheduled to have another............due to severe stomach pain and rectal bleeding! I know with a colonoscopy it can tell you if you have ulcers.........pollup's, cancer, etc...............im thinking my bleeding is from pollup's that have returened. Im concerned about my stomach pain...........this pain happen's throughout the day whether i have eaten or not, and lasts about 2 hours. Im just wondering if a colonoscopy can tell you about stomach issue's? Like IBS, food allergies etc. I also have had my small bowel checked and that looked fine. Im just confused and dont know if a colonoscopy is the answer. What type of test can be done to find IBS.......food allergies.......gall bladder? Im just feeling like my GI doc isnt getting to the root of the problem. Even though..........it may be a good idea to get another colonoscopy because i have heard that pollup's can return. I experience bleeding about twice a week. This pain is such a disruption in my life...........and it is soooo severe i am practically doubled over..........a stabbing pain right in the center of my stomach!

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Another colonoscopy question cody48 Bowel Disorders 7 11-20-2009 10:19 PM
Just another thing to worry me kindspirit Thyroid Disorders 10 04-07-2008 12:12 PM
Colonoscopy yesterday -- not that bad! Daisies4monkeys Bowel Disorders 6 08-28-2006 03:57 PM
Is colonoscopy necessary considering all the headaches? Mamma Lucia Bowel Disorders 10 02-27-2006 11:50 AM
Should I do the Flexible sigmoidoscopy or Colonoscopy? efang Cancer: Colon 19 01-20-2006 01:17 PM