It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

Mills4 HB User
diarrhea and moving into college

Last year, I had a pretty rough second semester of my freshman year, my brother was very very sick at home and I started to feel sick. This feeling sick has lasted about 8 months now, and my therapist believes that it is from anxiety.

Yesterday, I moved into college for my sophomore year. In the morning, I had a surpisingly normal BM before I left the house. I had a small dinner last night, and I was actually pretty calm - I had fun being back with my friends.

However, around 11 when I was started to settle into my room for the night, I randomly had diarrhea. Then I had it two more times. It was pretty sudden, I wasn't feeling sick and I hadn't eaten since about 6:30...

I slept most of the way through the night with no problems and I woke up this morning and went for a walk with my friends. I had imodium before I left and just now I had rice as my first meal of the day. I'm so worried that I'm going to get sick again, and just have uncontrolable diarrhea. I'm so upset about this, I was hoping this year was going to be different but i wasn't even there 6 hours before I got really sick!

So, my question is, even though I was feeling pretty calm, could the diarrhea be from the stress of moving back into college? My doctor thinks I might have a little bit of IBS. The weird thing is, I've never had this problem before - I f anything, I got constipated when I was nervous.

This just outright SUCKS.

any thoughts/advice?
thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread