It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
(female)

DB18 HB User
Question Blood in Toilet

Yesterday when I had a loose bowel movement and looked in the toilet I saw a moderate amount of blood (not sure how to categorize it). It happened again today with a rapid loose bowel and then some blood. Until yesterday, it had not happened ever before.

There is no history of colon cancer in my family and I am just 36. Is this likely to be some sort of infection, colitis, an ulcer, etc?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 08:16 AM   #2
(male)

LondonRed HB User
Re: Blood in Toilet

Without a doubt Hemmorhoids or a Fissure at your age but you need to get it checked with the doctor to be sure. It sounds like the Diarrhoea is causing trauma to the veins in your rectum. (I have the same problem).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

DB18 HB User
Unhappy Re: Blood in Toilet

It was very odd. I would sit their (no intense need to go) and then all of a sudden very quick soft, loose bm and then a moderate amount of blood. I was not straining at all, no constipation, etc. Is this the symptom of an internal hemroid?

Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
(male)

LondonRed HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB18 View Post
It was very odd. I would sit their (no intense need to go) and then all of a sudden very quick soft, loose bm and then a moderate amount of blood. I was not straining at all, no constipation, etc. Is this the symptom of an internal hemroid?
Yes it is and you need not worry at your age, the chances of it being cancer are very tiny if at all. BUT you need to get it checked out because it could be a fissure, or colitus etc and without knowing what it is, you won't know how to treat it.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
(female)

DB18 HB User

The week before all of this I had some gas and cramping issues (not severe) just felt like I was bloated. Not sure if it is connected or not.

Is it likely that it will just go away? I really don't want to have to go the doctor's unnecessarily.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
(male)

LondonRed HB User

Stop trying to find excuses, you need to go to the doctors like everyone else who gets this. The symptoms are not rare but they could mean anything... you need to get it checked not "wait for it to go away".

Old 09-11-2007, 06:52 AM   #7
(male)

JesseA HB User

Hi, it could be crohn`s. Crohn`s suffers often have bouts of bloody diarrhea. Whatever it is, it probably needs medical treatment, especially if its an IBD (Inflammatory bowel disease).

The loss of blood in your stool may not always even be visible, so though you saw blood twice, you may think it "stopped" but in reality you could be passing occult blood (invisible blood) with your stool. This needs to be evaluated by a dr, as loss of blood may infact cause you to become anemic.

It is currently probably not anything life threatining but if you are bleeding inside dont you agree that needs to be looked at and dealt with? Especially since you are noting bloating and abdominal pain (Which are common signs of bowel disorders).

Also, please be aware crohns sufferers are more likely to develop cancer. So please, see a dr. and let a professional evaluate you.

Last edited by JesseA; 09-11-2007 at 07:01 AM. Reason: spelling errors.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:08 AM   #8
(female)

DB18 HB User

It was not bloody diarrhea and not abdominal pain; I just had a soft, loose stool that came out quickly.

I just had some gassiness last week and was not sure if it was connected.

I honestly think it is an internal hemrrhoid based upon what I have read.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #9
(male)

LondonRed HB User

Yes it probably is hemmporhoids, so go and get them diagnosed like you should be doing.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #10
(male)

JesseA HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB18 View Post
It was not bloody diarrhea and not abdominal pain; I just had a soft, loose stool that came out quickly.
Hi, I was referring to this:

"The week before all of this I had some gas and cramping issues (not severe) just felt like I was bloated"

Perhaps I should not have said "abdominal pain" but "abdominal discomfort". Is gas, cramping, and bloating symptoms of a hemorrhoid?

Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

Just agreeing with JesseA. I have Crohn's and sometimes a few days after some cramping I have some rectal bleeding. Even if it's not Crohn's it could be something else that requires treatment. As Harry says "all rectal bleeding should be checked by a doctor". I agree.

Closed Thread