It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
(male)

josh86 HB User
can anyone help???

Im 21 yrs old, ive been having excessive gas since i was 11. i let it go not thinking anything of it. as I have gotten older symptoms have gotten worse. Ive been having constant growling for hours at a time. Very foul smelling stool. i constantly have to go, and I go back and forth from loose stool to solid stool all containing mucus. a couple of months ago i had yellow stool, then 10 minutes later i had dark green stool, about an hr after that i had brown, yellow and dark green mixed together with mucus, some of the stool floated most of it sank. I also get very bad cramps to where i fall over and cant move.

can anyone help me out in anyway?

Old 09-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
(male)

josh86 HB User
Re: can anyone help???

i also forgot to add anything i eat or drink makes my stomach hurt. including water and mild foods

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 01:44 AM   #3
(male)

josh86 HB User

im glad to see no one can help me. great forums

Old 09-16-2007, 04:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Have you seen the doctor at all about the intense gas? and if so, what was the outcome?

Have you had any tests done such as stool samples or a colonoscopy?

Do you consume any artificial sweeteners in any foods/drinks?

Green stools can be caused by coloured foods or drinks (blue/purple/green). Yellow stools can be caused by lack of bile.

You might be lactose intolerant...do you consume milk products...if so, how long afterward do you have symptoms?

Have you been tested for celiac disease, lactose intolerance, have you had stool samples done?

You might have a bacterial overgrowth or infection in your colon.

You might have IBS.

What does your diet consist of on a daily basis?

quincy

Old 09-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #5
(male)

josh86 HB User

they xrayed my stomach and the dr said "oh my god you have so much gas. ive never seen so much gas before" then he called other drs in. but did nothing about it.

i did stool sample for parasites, but they came back negative

i most likely consume artificial sweeteners...

for the different color stool it shouldnt happen different colors in 10 min time differences and then all colors an hr after that very loose with mucus.

no i stay away from dairy products

i have an appointment on the 22nd for some more testing

i dont have a set diet. i eat whatever. ive tried to see what makes my stomach hurt and do the things it does and it seems everything does it. but not all the time. one day ill eat a hamburger ill be fine. a couple days later ill eat the same hamburger and it will be the worst pain. same happens with everything

2 of my aunts have crohns disease and its possible my mom has it.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Have you tried over the counter zantac to see if that helps?

Stop the artificial sweeteners...really!

josh wrote.."for the different color stool it shouldnt happen different colors in 10 min time differences and then all colors an hr after that very loose with mucus".

Do you mean you have many bms daily, and they're all different colours?

q

Old 09-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #7
(male)

josh86 HB User

the different colors only happened for like 2 days then it just went back to yellowish loose stool . i do have bowel movements at least 4 6 times a day. and sometimes i have leakage....

Closed Thread