It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
(male)

BLaZSauce HB User
PLEASE Help me!

I am an 18 year old male who has been in college for 3 weeks now. I am slightly overweight, My diet is okay, I drink Benefiber in the morning. I usually eat out about 3 times a week, but mostly just subways when I eat out.

My problem is that I ALWAYS have to use the bathroom before I start class, and it REALLY hits me hard, to the point where I am sweating nonstop and I am basically a turtle when it comes to going up the stairs. This really ticks me off because before and after school, I am perfectly fine, yet when I am about 5 minutes away from entering class I always get this urge to use the bathroom. Then I am faced with a dilemma. Either I miss class and go home to use the bathroom (not something I do not want to do but it has happen 4 times in the past 3 weeks), use the school bathroom and be late to class (I am effy about using the school bathroom and don't like being late), or hold it in class(something I can barely do, I end up leaving in the middle of the class). I also notice that around this time, when I do use the bathroom, my stool is very soft, and light brown. Another problem that I notice is that right before I leave my house to go to school, I get extremely gassy. Also, no I'm not afraid to go to school or anything, a friend suggested that it might be because I get stressed out at the thought of going to school, so my body reacts by wanting to defecate. I doubt this is true, since I don't get stressed on the way to school. I try defecating before I leave to class, but I found it extremely hard to do so, well because I don't have to go, and I know its bad to use force so I can defecate, so I avoid it.

Are there any techniques or tips that I use so I can void having to use the bathroom during school? Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
(female)

sallyann123 HB User
Re: PLEASE Help me!

Benefiber has to be followed by several glasses of water during the day . Maybe you could use benefiber at noon or later in the afternoon so you will not have the worry about something happening in class. Myself, I do think you are on the right track of a way to start weight loss .

Closed Thread