It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
(female)

Jody1414 HB User
question about symptoms

Hi, I know that there are no medical doctors on here,, but just thought maybe someone can help me out with some anxiety i am having about my symptoms..
I have been to my med doctor, three times now first went in about 4 weeks ago with stomach gas , not intense but noticable for about ten days before i went in,.
the gassiness started just as my period was ending, by the way i am female, 41 yrs old.) anyway during my period i had some nausia, but afterwards just had the gassy feeling, my husband was getting bouts of infections from diverticulitis and was told he needed surgery or he could die)
my anxiety levels were really high and i thought maybe that was upsetting my stomach. my doc thought the same thing and put me on protonix and lexipro 5mg. The night after i went to doc, i woke up with severe pain in upper right ribs and shoulder and thought it was my gallbladder, the doc said to just eat light and relax. the pain lasted about five minutes and was worse when i layed down..
the next day i ate light and started to feel better,but still felt like a pocket of gas on my right side for about three days.. then that went away and i noticed some mucousy diahrea..that also went away along with the gas for about two days then they gave me nexium instead of the protonix, and moved me up to 10mg of lexipro,
the gas came back again along with alot of anxiety and fear that something serious was wrong with me. i spent hours on web sites scaring myself to death. the blood work all came back perfect although i am not exactly sure what he tested,,i had had h pylori two years ago but was treated and the blood work showed only minamal h pylori now..white blood cells normal..everything normal..
so i sort of relaxed when he said i was healthy. checked heart and lungs etc.. told me to keep taking nexium and lexipro..then i started getting nausous and still a little gassy most of the day every day. and about three days ago woke up nausous, and had normal size bowel movement normal color but it looked like there was white stuff on the tip of it..(sorry to be so graphic) then i had diahrea that same morning...went back to doc and told him , he said that there was a stomach virus going around, and the diahrea may have been the cause..he told me to take two nexium a dayand wait it out. if it doesnt go away, we can do a colonoscopy.
this freaked me out sinse i am terrified of being sedated..I am also a recovering alcoholic for sixteen years. my fear is that i will lose control going under..i am so afraid i will not fall asleep and at the same time i am afraid of being put to sleep or having a reaction to the drugs...needless to say i got back on the computer and researched colonoscopies without sedation and found colon cancer sites that freaked me out even more..
.i have not had any blood in stool but am becoming obsessive when ever i go to bathroom. checking each stool. i am back to only going once a day, but i cant tell if they are normal..color looks fine so far no mucous, ..my mom died of colon cancer in 2003...she was 67 yrs old.. i have one brother and nine sisters...noone else in my family has had it..and most of my siblings are older then me..no aunts have had it..my dad didnt have it..noone..grandparents, etc...just my mom..i miss her terribly...and i do want to get the colonoscopy to avoid all the pain i watched her go through..but i am a nervous wreck about the whole idea of it..i mean i am terrified of it..i cant think of anything else..and the funny thing is my doctor didnt even say i needed one yet..to check and see if i feel better first..i notice that the gassiness gets worse with the anxiety and my family and friends all think this is all being caused by anxiety..the lexipro is not helping at all..though i know it takes time..i feel absolutely confined to this colon fear...and am tired of it all...my husband gets surgery in two weeks..and i am nervous about that too..scared to death of it...generally i am a fairly relaxed person..but when it comes to health issues i am a basket case..this all started when he got sick...i have had bouts of diahrea and stomach pain in the past..but none that have lasted this long...any comments would be greatly appreciated...thanks for reading...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread