It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
(male)

college_kid HB User
Very embarrasing problem - stomach noises. PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys

Please help me as I am in complete ruins. My stomach constantly makes noises. Usually, early in the morning prior to a bowel movement (I usually have my movement around 930AM) its at its peak. Just nonstop noises, vibrations and when the clock approaches 930AM, I have an urge to use the restroom.

Now the problem is that I'm in college, and this semester I have classes way before my 930AM movement. I'll get up at 630AM and will try with all my might to get my bowels moving but nothing will happen. Then, just as soon as I get to class at 830 (730 on fridays) I'll feel pressure on my stomach and the noises begin. The noises are SO embarrassing! I can't concentrate on my school work, I'm so embarrassed by the noises! I constantly try to cough and shift around in my seat but it doesn't help at all.

This problem has been going on for the last 8 months I would say. Also, my bowel habits don't seem normal. I'll have much thinner, stringy and watery stool. I haven't had the "normal" kind since early freshman year of college (i just started sophomore this year). I've also felt the need to belch a lot,very deeply.

Oh and also at night time its really bad....stomach keeps vibrating, making noises...makes it hard to sleep.

I've gone to the gasterontologists twice and have been recommended Levbid and Zantac 150. I've been using them for a week, but to no luck!!

someone please help me! I was an honor student and my life was going great and now I'm actually considering dropping out of school because of this problem! And its so embarrassing I can't even discuss it with my parents! (I went to the gasterontologists on my own and paid myself to avoid letting my parents know about this embarrassing situation)

Last edited by college_kid; 09-20-2007 at 02:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
(female)

Jody1414 HB User
Re: Very embarrasing problem - stomach noises. PLEASE HELP!

It sounds like you have irritable bowel syndrome..and may need a different medication if the other one isnt working.These are perfectly natural problems, please dont be afraid to tell your parents, all you have to say is "my stomach has been bothering me lately more then usual. They will be able to hook you up with a doctor maybe a gastroentrerolagist. stress can cause many of our colon and stomach problems..you may feel better if you talk to them..good luck..

Old 09-20-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
(male)

college_kid HB User

Thanks for your response. Is irritable bowel syndrome something you're born with, or does it just hit you one day like a bus? I'm only asking because prior to my third month of being in college, I never had any issues with my stomach. Only thing I worried about back then was academics at college.

God I can't believe I took for granted all those years I didn't have this issue!!

Oh and also, is IBS the only thing this could be? Is there any other condition out there that might cause the same symptoms?

THANKS!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #4
(male)

college_kid HB User

OH and also thought I'd mention that usually if I press down on my stomach, it'll make noises and it'll feel like some watery substance flowing around.

FYI, I'm 19 years old, 140lbs, thin build.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
(female)

amberwalsch HB User

Hey there college kid... I know a lot of time has passed, and there's the possibility you still don't check the boards. However, my symptoms are VERY similiar to yours. I was wondering if you ever got your issue diagnosed or answered?

Old 04-21-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
(male)

van1087 HB User

college kid,

I am a college kid too. I just got completely randomly diagnosed with UC about 2 weeks ago and the only way I have really been dealing with it is through the help of my family and doctor. You should talk to your parents, especially before you make any decisions like dropping out of school. Ironically enough, my roomate has IBS (if that's what you do have), and there are ways to get the symptoms under control. Hang in there, I know its tough with school but try to seek some more help from your parents and maybe even see another doctor. good luck!

van

Closed Thread