It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
(female)

professor315 HB User
IBS? What is possibly wrong with me?

I know whatever I have could be bowel-related. I've been having loose stools/diarrhea nearly every day for about 3-4 years. I've gone to different doctors and none of them are good at picking out what may be wrong with me. I've been told that it has to do with my diet, or I might be lactose intolerant, or I could have IBS. For lactose intolerance, I stopped having dairy products for about 3 weeks and I found no change in my bowel movements. A couple years ago I was sent to get an MRI(I think that's what it was; I know I had an x-ray on my abdominal area) and they found nothing wrong with me. Right now I'm having loose stools anywhere from 1-4 times a day, and sadly if I don't rush to the bathroom, well...fortunately, I've always made it to the toilet. XD

Often my loose stools are discolored; I've had anything from a yellow-ish brown to a light green. Anything I eat seems to get digested immediately as all these weird noises can be heard in my abdominal area. Also, when I get extremely nervous or I'm depressed, that also sets it off. So what might be wrong with me? After reading about IBS, I'm guessing that's what it was. But I don't know.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Re: IBS? What is possibly wrong with me?

You need to see a gastrointerologist as soon as you can get an appointment. You may need a colonscopy and upper endoscopy to rule out other things besides IBS. The green stool is a sign that your system is working too quickly, and you are correct when you speculate this when you see food in your stool. The green comes from bile sectreted by your liver to digest your food. In normal digestion, once this food and bile enter your colon, your body breaks it down further, changing the green color. Your body is not being able to do this. It could be as simple as having an imbalance of good and bad bacteria in your gut, or it could be something more serious, which is why you need to be evaluated. This has gone on way too long. Don't procrastinate anymore. Make the appointment today.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Amanda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

Chirstina326 HB User

I was sick for about a year when my stomach started to get really bad. I was never really 100% on my diagnosis, it is either ibs or similar to ibs. But what we found out is by taking probiotic or yogurt with probiotic in it, the stomach may settle. And it has. Since taking proiotic pills once a day I have been better, but when I skip them, well you know the story. It is worth a try and healthy for you.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
(female)

natalieh HB User

Have you had a test for Celiac Disease?

Old 10-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #5
(female)

Karen58 HB User

These are pretty much my symptoms exactly! I have days from time to time where all seems to be 'normal' then whammo! back to the same ol' stuff! Have not been to the doc yet, but was curious if this was IBS. I can almost set my watch to when I'm going to have my next BM, exactly 4 hours after my last meal. Had no idea food could pass so fast thru ones system!

Closed Thread