It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
(female)

pleasehelp07 HB User
Blood , Mucous and pus

Ok to start this off i will start by saying that i am 35 i have always dealt with constipation, I have 4 children as well. About 2 years ago i got divorce and meet someone new and it has been really stressful. Anyway i was having occasional bleeding when wiping and some mucous and went to the dr. done stool sample came back fine and done blood work and came back fine said was hemorriods that was in oct 2006, well it has been more on than off until about 2 months ago, when i go to the bathroom and strain before i even have a bm i can wipe bright red blood, mucus and pus almost everytime.It is also on my stool. I have had approx. 3 times loose stool that i could barely make it to the toliet, but that is over months. My stool seem normal in color and shape i guess since this has been ongoing. Anyway went to differnet doctor on 1 month ago and done rectal exam and said IBS and gave me bentyl and flagyl and someother med for infection. Told me to drink water eat fiber which i have done both and stopped soda. Ok still the same went to another doctor said done rectal exam, blood work for anemia that came back fine and said since i have dealt with this so long that i should see a GI doctor.Gave me anucort suppositories which have not helped. Made an appointment have to wait 1 month before i can get in to doctor and then more time for colonoscopy if he suggest that. I also have some pain on my left side feels like maybe inflamed.Have had real bad gas pains on my left side on occassion. No weight loss! Do not lose alot of blood! Bad smell and gassy, might be from more fiber and change in diet? I was wondering if anyone has had these symptoms i have been on this computer on every website possible now i thought i would ask other people that might have issues! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Blood , Mucous and pus

Hi,
It sounds like you have diverticular problems along with hemorrhoids. The left side pain is in your sigmoid colon -- usually where the diverticular infections take place.

You did not say what type of fiber you are taking but with all water soluble fiber -- you need to drink lots of water daily-- 6 to 8 glasses.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:46 AM   #3
(female)

pleasehelp07 HB User

I have been taking fiber pills and drinking plenty of water! Compared to what i use to drink. I am also eating more healthy and increasing fiber at meals. Thanks for your opinion? It is about to drive me crazy!

Old 09-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
(female)

pleasehelp07 HB User

Everyonce in a while i will also have a clot of blood and musous that drops into the toliet! It is also on the toliet paper each time i strain to have a BM sometime i don't even have a BM and it is just blood and mucous! Could that be diverticluitis?

Old 09-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
(female)

beckyrenaee HB User

Hey there....the same thing happened to me a few years ago. When I was 18 I started having frequent loose stools that contained blood. After a while i finally when to a gastro and had a colonoscopy. The doctor said i had ulcerative colitis....gave me some meds and steriods and it soon cleared up. I hope everything turns out good for you .

Old 09-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
(female)

pleasehelp07 HB User

I don't have loose stool often! I always dealt with constipation until i started to increase my fiber intake about one month ago...now i have a bm just about everyday but still have the blood, mucous and sometimes pus or a clot that drops into the toliet! Thanks for all the help...I think i will be living on this computer until i get to dr.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User

Tell the doctor you have bleeding and pain and mucus and that you want a colonoscopy and don't take no for an answer. It is very unlikely that you have anything serious going on, but it is better to check it out with a colonoscopy. They aren't that bad. I had one in August 2006, and the prep was the worst bit. Just the taste of it. The procedure itself was fine and made me feel much better.

Good luck, and feel better!

Old 09-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
(female)

pleasehelp07 HB User

Thanks to all that has gave their opinions! Ok the pain isn't that bad just when i move in certain postions i can feel some pain then on my left side! And the bleeding is now alittle more, it has got worse over the last month! It is now everytime I try to have a BM and it is also on my stool. This is about to Drive me nuts. I called and had my appt. for the GI Dr. changed to Oct. 11th. And then I will have them do a Colonoscopy. The bad thing is i have no insurance...but i don't care to this point i just want answers. Hopful the bleeding doesn't get worse.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:01 PM   #9
(female)

indymom HB User

Sounds like ulcerative colitis to me. I was diagnosed last year via colonoscopy - had the procedure due to very similar symptoms (without the pain).

I've had a couple bad flares where I needed to up my meds, and one bout with a steroid, but now I'm on a very low maintenance dose of my meds and am doing very well.

Good luck!

Old 09-26-2007, 06:49 PM   #10
(female)

beckyrenaee HB User

With colitis you can have both constipation and loose stools that contain blood. I went back and forth between the two...you will feel sooo much better once you can get some results back from the colonoscopy. I know it can be nerve wracking to wait for the doctors to get their act together...but don't worry i'm sure everything will be fine.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #11
(female)

pleasehelp07 HB User

Thanks so much i hope you ar right! Since I am self pay and have to pay for the colonoscopy already i was wondering if you would know how much it is for the medications? I was just wanting a idea?

Old 09-28-2007, 07:01 AM   #12
(female)

beckyrenaee HB User

Well it really depends on what the doctor prescribes for you....just make sure you tell the doc that you are self pay when it comes to medications, and ask if there are any known generics that they can give. Good luck

Closed Thread