It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
(female)

Gavi112 HB User
Weird abdominal sensations

I have always had an irritated bowel all my life - I can go to toilet 2 or3 times in morning very loose then get rabbit droppings later in evening and have to be careful I don't eat nuts or seeds.

Back in Feb I developed very strange abdominal sensations - not pain just a feeling as if something is crawling around my abdomen and squeezing on its travels. Its enough to keep me awake as its so peculiar. It seems to be bowel related as sometimes i have alot of wind and have bowel movements but can't tell if this is because I am being kept away and in a panic as any nervousness always gives me the runs!!

I have been admitted to hospital twice with it, had endless blood tests - abdo and pelvic ultrasounds and a sigmoidoscopy plus full stool anaylsis no blood nothing. As I have severe spinal trouble the Drs keep seesawing between it being irritable bowel or it could be altered sensations coming from my spine. I am due to have a colonscopy soon and a MRI of my lumbar spine.

I can go a couple of months without it then it suddenly hits - no change in diet. I am a very very anxious person as well especially about health.

Can anyone relate to these weird sensations , it may be that this is just bloating but I have never experienced it before - when I have it I am very aware of my clothes on my skin - the sensations is mixture of a feeling as if something is inside me squeezing and walking around and as if someone is pressing on different areas of my abdomen for a few seconds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread