It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
(male)

Anon1603 HB User
Constipation not going away

Last week, for about 48-72 hours i had sme serious stomach pain from constipation, which eventually went after taking laxatives containing natural senna (forgot the brand name). After that, i was still not going to the toilet very often and then eventually the pains came back mildly on friday. On the saturday I took some of the laxatives again, the pain was pretty bad on the saturday and started to subside on the sunday but the stools were still classed as constipated and I could feel like I had not fully emptied by bowels. Today, now monday, I felt no pain at all but have not even managed to pass stools at all today. I took some more laxatives on the sunday and I recently took a final dose today. I also started to add more fibre to my diet on the saturday evening and I am continuing with this.

Does anybody have any idea why the laxatives are taking little or no effect on the type of stools I am passing? I doubt it is an internal obstruction due to the fact broken down 'nut like' stools are still passing, yet are very hard to pass. Please offer any appropriate suggestions, I am likely to see a GP soon.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
(female)

leeleelanilou HB User
Re: Constipation not going away

Have you tried taking an osmotic laxative? They draw water into the bowel to soften the stool. Also, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Right now I'm taking magnesium oxide, around 750 mg a day & that helps me. Get a doc's opinion before starting if you have other health problems. Also, eating dried fruit such as prunes & apricots are great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
(male)

lodgen HB User
Re: Constipation not going away

get some miralax and it should help you get all the hard stools out ,stay on it
for a while till your bowels become normal.its not habit forming all it is
is an osmotic laxative that puts water into your bowels,get off senna its
a stimulant laxative and is habit forming,do a fleet enima just to start it going
you need to not get impacted and start right away.

Closed Thread