It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 08:02 AM   #1
(male)

chris0007 HB Userchris0007 HB User
Can anyone relate their Fissurectomy experience??

I may have to get one in two weeks and I want to know what to expect.

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
(male)

KevinT HB User
Re: Can anyone relate their Fissurectomy experience??

I had one in July 1995 after hoping for 9 months for it to go away by itself. The pain was excruciating during BM before surgery and I will never forget those months. The out patient surgery went fine. In at 10am and out at 1pm.
Around 4pm the anesthesia wore off and wow the pain was unbelievable. I was afraid to take the recommended dose of vicodin cause nurse said it may make me constipated. not what u want. I didnt sleep first 2 days because of pain. I recommend you take whatever pain med they give you.
But the pain did gradually subside after about a week and turned into just discomfort. In about 6-8weeks the sutures came out naturally during BM. Not to worry its supposed too.
I would say that after 12 weeks all the discomfort was pretty much gone too. That was a great thing. I believe my surgeon was very good at fussurectomy ie:very experienced etc.
I have had no problems since.
Good luck
KT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
(female)

lsully HB User

I Had My Double Fissurectomy On 10/10/2007, It Has Now Been 6 Days And I Am In Some Pain And Bleeding When I Have Bm's. I Am Taking My Pain Meds As Recommended. My Biggest Problem Was Beening Able To Urinate. But With Some Suggestions From The Doctor That Is Getting Better. I Am So Looking Forward To The Day I Am Back To Normal, I Has Been A Long 6 Months

Old 10-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #4
(male)

chris0007 HB Userchris0007 HB User

Thanks everyone!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
(female)

sabd2007 HB User

Well, you've probably already had it by now, but I thought relating my experience might help someone else who's looking this up. I had mine about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I have to say that I was scared like crazy. Everything went really good, I stayed on the pain meds for only a day and a half because I was afraid of constipation. It was painful, but compared to what it was like before that it wasn't really bad at all. The thing that made it almost unbearable was waiting to go to the bathroom. It took almost 4 days for me and I was on the fiber and the stool softeners. It was a little uncomfortable but I was just so happy to go that it wasn't that bad. All in all the experience was exactly like my doctor said. The only other thing I can really say is don't let anyone give you an exam before the two weeks is up. I ended up going for an exam that the staff set up for me only 7days after surgery not knowing that it was too soon, when I got there and heard the nurses talking about it I got nervous and told them that I could wait, they said it would be fine so I listened to them and it was horrible!! I had a lot of problems, it was too soon and my healing was set back. It's still healing now, and I can only hope that in a few more weeks it will be gone for good.

Closed Thread