It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
(male)

JesseA HB User
Trouble with BMs.

I am going in for sigmoidoscopy(Dr thinks I have IBS) soon but something odd keeps happening to me as of 3 days ago:

I have slight abdominal pain and frequent BM (about 3 times a day because I can never get it all out in one sitting, so i expell some then have to return later to try and get more out. When things are normal with me, i tend to have 1-2 BMs a day).. lately my stools have been very thin and then whe I expell them they look like very small pieces, maybe the size of a penny as if it were rolled up (not ball shaped, like a distorted oblong piece...perhaps like a macaroni noodle)..... I have to strain to go, and then all that comes out are these little pieces. What in the world is this? They are so small.. I can never just expell everything in me, they just keep coming out in these tiny strips. I also do not believe these are hard stool, they appear to be soft and moldable.

Any ideas what this is? I am in my 20s. Its been like this for about 3 days now(Well some days i get these small strips, other days some larger pieces, yet still thin compared to my normal BMs), but prior to this when I feel normal my stool is normal. When I have ab pain my stool is a mixture of diarrhea, flat looking stool (rigid on 2 sides, round on the rest), or hard pellet like stool. But I dont recall ever having these tiny pieces coming out one at a time. Its almost like i cant get it all out so my uh anus is "cutting" them, its weird.

I was thinking of buying metamucil and seeing if that helped, any thoughts? I also know my diet is poor, especially when i get ab pain because it comes with nausea so I dont eat as well as I should. I have begun taking vitamins today.

Anyway, anythoughts on these small flat pieces of stool? Theyre about no longer tha 1 inch in length and when i can no longer get anymore out I still feel some right 'there' that need to come out but they wont until later. (.......I have notified my dr of this, btw. Just want opinions)

Last edited by JesseA; 10-04-2007 at 08:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Trouble with BMs.

I would get tested for a gluten or dairy allergy/intolorance.

Closed Thread