It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 07:01 AM   #1
(male)

AnxiousMan HB User
Bleeding Hemmoroids - a real problem

I was diagnosed with small first degree piles in July on Protoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy. These hemmoroids at first used to bleed for a few days and then go for a week or two and then come back. I wasn't too bothered about them and hoped they would go away for good at some point.

But in the last month the bleeding has been with every bowel movement. It would be bright red blood on the tissue, blood coating one or two stools and sometimes drops of blood in the toilet. All this usually happens at the end of my bowel movements.

I don't have constipation, in fact my stools are usually soft and sometimes even flaky as I suffer from IBS. I used to go to the loo once a day but now go about 2 or 3 times as the anxiety of knowing I might bleed sets off my IBS.

Two good Gastro surgeons don't seem to be concerned but I have forcefully scheduled a Colonoscopy just in case.

Am I going over the top? Should I be concerned if hemmorhoids are bleeding with every bowel movement? Is that normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 04:15 AM   #2
(male)

AnxiousMan HB User
Re: Bleeding Hemmoroids - a real problem

So can nobody help? :-(
is it normal to bleed everyday from such small internal piles?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
(male)

lodgen HB User

you can bleed a lot form hemmroids or fissures,bright red blood can come form
ruptured bloody hemroid ,internal or external. i had surgery to fix mine but once its chronic its hard to stop bleeding ,it will come every time you have a hard stool ot if you have to many bm.its even harder with ibs,its an upward battle.you will need to see a colorectal surgeon to advise you what your next
avenue to take.i think the only way is scapel surgery to remove it all,but banding might help .since your stools are soft its even hard to deal with it.
fiber might bulk it up but having ibs is diet related and its hard to figure out.
colonoscopy is great it will check every out and will give you a better idea
if its just rectum related.try not to stress out it only makes it worst ,you
will get better.if your bleeding a lot you can get anemic ,which i was.you cannot bleed everyday ,you will need to fix it and get on with your life.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
(male)

Xenyth HB User

Two years ago I had the same problem with the bleeding like yourself. I had been told it was internal hemmoroids but I thought that the amount of blood in the toilet bowl was far too much. It was like a slaughterhouse in there, & I gotta admit I was pretty worried about it as im sure you are.

I saw the Dr and he refered me to the hospital. On appontment they had a peek with some rigid tube up the rear end which was uncomfortable but nothing much to write home about, they then made an appoinment for a colonoscopy. That showed some inflamation to the lower bowel & they diagnosed ulcerative colitis. The hospital put me on a course of tablets of three a day to keep the inflamation at bay & ive been pretty much fine since then.

I hope everything goes well for you

Old 10-11-2007, 03:48 AM   #5
(male)

AnxiousMan HB User

I have a colonoscopy set up. I don't have any symptoms except for the confirmed small hemmorhoids and visible fresh blood often found on tissue, outside of stools and rarely in the toilet. I should just accept that it is the hemmorhoids but I can't for some reason. Maybe I am torturing myself for no reason but if I have the colonoscopy it will tell me once for all I guess. I hope to God it is OK.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:34 AM   #6
(male)

AnxiousMan HB User

An update.

I have started taking Imodium (one tablet a day) to control the IBS and firm up my otherwise loose stools. This has worked a treat as I now go to the toilet about twice a day and the stools are firmer and solid enough to pass through comfortably without me sitting on the toilet waiting for it all to pass. When I do that I usually bleed, probably because I am straining without even knowing that I am doing it. My hemmorhoids are so small and internal so I can't really notice when they are becoming stressed or inflammed.

Now the bleeding is restricted to say one stool at the end of the bowel movement and a small amount on the tissue.

I have my Colonoscopy soon and I really hope to God it is these Hemmorhoids and nothing else. I have been dischaged by one GI after a flexi sigmoidoscopy saying I don't have anything serious and can only hope that he 2nd one says the same. I am otherwise tearing myself apart with this.

I have a couple questions though, is it normal to bleed EVERY DAY even it's just a little bit and with such small internal hemmorhoids? And why does it happen at the end of the bowel movement and not at the beginning?

Old 10-15-2007, 07:26 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

OMG I just posted about this kind of thing! See my thread either in DIGESTIVE DISORDERS or here (I realized I should've put it here, so hoping the admin's move it).

I'm a bit nervous because I'm pregnant, and feel I'll probably just be shoved aside because they "can't do anything" while so. But the constant bleeding started when I knew I was pregnant (early), so maybe it has something to do with it. Hoping it's not real GI stuff besides my giant old hemorrhoid.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
(male)

AnxiousMan HB User

I get bleeding every day with a BM, sometimes drops, sometimes on tissue, sometimes covering the stool. They have only found small hemmoroids, I am not convinced small internal hemmoroids can bleed every day.

Anyone else had this?

Closed Thread