It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

it_cant_be_true HB User
Hemorrhoid issues....

Hello all! I wanted to ask if anyone has any tried and true home remedies for hemorrhoids and all of the pain that comes with it...I am currently heavily medicated and still have an occasional shooting pain in my anus and behind, thigh muscle. I have, what I believe to be) (1) prolapsed hemorrhoid and (1) thrombosed hemorrhoid, it started with the prolapsed, that came out of nowhere and suddenly I am prep H, hydrocortisone 25%, aleve, vicoprofen, and other topical otc products, to no avail, also I am sitting in a sitz bath at least (3) times per day and metamucil is my new best friend, I have tried every remedy that I have found on the internet, from potatoes to vicksvapor rub (that actually helped) and then today low and behold I find a bluish, inflamed bulge from my anus (thanks to my kids and the digital camera, I saw what I believed to be someone elses bum, but nope, it is certainly attached to me) I do not have a Dr appt til Friday, and I am scared, confused and overloaded with a lot of useful information that is obviously not helping me (hence the thrombosed hemmie (affectionately named Grimace, due to its shape and colour)...)can anyone offer any helpful hints, suggestions, advice...

Please, please help me out, I thought for sure I would be okay by now, it has been (1) week today and it is worse and I am suffering....

thank you in advance!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:32 AM   #2
(male)

AnxiousMan HB User
Re: Hemorrhoid issues....

Any remedies on persistent bleeding of small internal piles?

I was diagnosed with small first degree piles in July on Protoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy. These hemmoroids at first used to bleed for a few days and then go for a week or two and then come back. I wasn't too bothered about them and hoped they would go away for good at some point.

But in the last month the bleeding has been with every bowel movement. It would be bright red blood on the tissue, blood coating one or two stools and sometimes drops of blood in the toilet. All this usually happens at the end of my bowel movements.

I don't have constipation, in fact my stools are usually soft and sometimes even flaky as I suffer from IBS. I used to go to the loo once a day but now go about 2 or 3 times as the anxiety of knowing I might bleed sets off my IBS.

Two good Gastro surgeons don't seem to be concerned but I have forcefully scheduled a Colonoscopy just in case.

Am I going over the top? Should I be concerned if hemmorhoids are bleeding with every bowel movement? Is that normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
(female)

it_cant_be_true HB User

my post was hijacked so I am bumping this up to see if anyone has some suggestions...thanks in advance!!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHARON1952 HB UserSHARON1952 HB User

witch hazel is meant to help i am trying the now

Old 11-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
(female)

Styller117 HB User

Dear Anxious,
Did your doctor prescribe anything for your bowel movements. My doctor prescribed citrucel it comes in pill form now. If you are good about taking them. Your bowel movement will get easier and bleeding and hemmorroids should shrink some. Make sure you do not take them with other medications because they are binding meaning the other medication will not work as well. So take them hours after or before other meds. I think you will be suprised how good they work.

Good Luck
Sty

Old 11-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
(female)

Styller117 HB User

Dear Anxious,

I also use the wipes that help it does have witch hazel in it i does seem to work. Also be careful what you eat and drink. Drinking alchohol will make it worse.
The wipes seem to dry them up. That with the citrucel will help you feel better.
Sty

Old 11-09-2007, 06:29 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

lala-whatsnext HB User

if you have a clot you'd better call the doctor right away and tell them that.

Closed Thread