It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
(male)

jashm HB User
Consant Diarrhea & Gas

I am 17 years old and about 1-2 years ago that I have started having some problems.

About once a month, I will have a time period of 1-2 weeks where I will have constant gas. They are silent, but very unpleasant and this can be extremely embarrassing. The problem is, the more I try to hold it the more gas I end up getting. And most of the time, even if I just let it out I will have a lot of gas. I feel like I always have gas for about 1-2 hours, and the more uncomfortable I am the more gas I seem to have.

Also, I constantly have stomach aches. So far I can tell that I am sensitive to spicy food (which is a shame because I love it), although not ALWAYS. My stomach begins to hurt with almost anything I eat and I can't seem to narrow it down. I have tried avoiding dairy products (I am lactose intolerant - but not extremely; for example, I can eat all the ice cream I want but can't take down a glass of milk without making my stomach feel funny). I have checked my bowel movements and nothing seems particularly strange about them. Occasionally, the bowel movements are red, but not from blood (I am assuming this is when I eat spicy food), and often times it is a dark brown, but has never been black. Stomach aches and diarhha usually flushed out quickly, but explosively. When I have to go, I HAVE TO GO. This is a real inconvenience, but when I get to a toilet I can usually be done in about 5 minutes.

I also tend to get stomach cramps/aches and gas when I am nervous or uncomfortable. I have read about IBS and am worried that it may be one of the problems.

Also, about two years ago I was questionably directly in contact with pure mercury. The veil of mercury broke in our science class and I was very close to it, although I have no clue whether or not any of it got on my skin. I have read some of the symptoms of mercury poisoning and am very worried that some of my symptoms match it. I also get constant numbing in my limbs (particularly my legs) which is described in mercury poisoning.

I am not sure what to do. I don't know why it's taken me so long to ask for help. But I know that I need it. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
(female)

Graywren HB User
Re: Consant Diarrhea & Gas

If I were you I'd try to get tested for Celiac Disease. Flatulence is a very typical symptome. There is a blood test for it.

Closed Thread