It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 AM   #1
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User
Unhappy Rectal Prolapse??...HELP

For the past few days I have had some problems with my bowel. The first day I had a bowel movement with pale stool. My next bowel movement that day the stool went back to the normal color. That is when the constipation started. The next day I had a very small bowel movement covered in a white stringy substance, but that went away by the next time I went to the batroom. My constipation lasted about 3 days and today I had a real bowel movement.

So, while all of this was going on I noticed that there was something else coming out of my anus while I was straining (I know, not good) to have a bowel movement. I know it was not a hemmorhoid because I have had them before. The best way I can descibe it is like a flower opening up. Whatever this was came out then opened up. After I was done it would go back into my anus. So like I said I had a normal bowel movement, no straning or anything, and this thing came out of my anus again. This time it felt different. It felt like (and here is the gross part) there was still a round piece of stool hanging out of my anus. Like before, after I was done, it went back into my anus.

I did some research on this and it is looking more and more like a rectal prolapse. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with one, knew anyone who had experience, or just knows something that they can tell me. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I probably should see a doctor, but I am embarrassed to and it is hard to get an appointment with my primary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
(female)

angel1974 HB User
Re: Rectal Prolapse??...HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPrinces426 View Post
For the past few days I have had some problems with my bowel. The first day I had a bowel movement with pale stool. My next bowel movement that day the stool went back to the normal color. That is when the constipation started. The next day I had a very small bowel movement covered in a white stringy substance, but that went away by the next time I went to the batroom. My constipation lasted about 3 days and today I had a real bowel movement.

So, while all of this was going on I noticed that there was something else coming out of my anus while I was straining (I know, not good) to have a bowel movement. I know it was not a hemmorhoid because I have had them before. The best way I can descibe it is like a flower opening up. Whatever this was came out then opened up. After I was done it would go back into my anus. So like I said I had a normal bowel movement, no straning or anything, and this thing came out of my anus again. This time it felt different. It felt like (and here is the gross part) there was still a round piece of stool hanging out of my anus. Like before, after I was done, it went back into my anus.

I did some research on this and it is looking more and more like a rectal prolapse. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with one, knew anyone who had experience, or just knows something that they can tell me. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I probably should see a doctor, but I am embarrassed to and it is hard to get an appointment with my primary.
Hi,
okay I totally understand what your going through because i had the same problem like you. i was operated for it at the age of 29 and you should take care of this problem asap. There are different procedures the doctors may offer you. If you need further information please let me know. I got operated 3 years ago and i'm feeling great. I'll be waiting

Old 10-11-2007, 07:05 AM   #3
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User

I have been doing some research on this and many things that I have read said that adding fiber might help out. Did you try this before having the surgery? I am not going to be able to have any surgery for at least 3 months, so I guess I have to try the fiber to see if it helps.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
(female)

angel1974 HB User

The fiber won't help restore the rectum. I had exactly the same thing and it looked exactly like a flower and when i was done the bm i would kind of pull it back in. Unfortunately, you'll have to eventually get operated. Have you seen a doctor lately and don't be shy that's why the doctors are there to help. My operation went smooth the incisions were small because the doctor worked through a camera.it's like having a c-section. Basically what a prolapse is you rectum lowered and needs to be put back up...i know it's tough knowing this but it happens and it can be fixed. i have one question and i'll answer you afterword why i asked this. Are you a tall girl? What is your height? speak to u soon

Old 10-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User

I am 5'8.

You know the more research I do, the more I am thinking I am being a hypocondriac.

Everything I have read says that the first signs are leakage of stool and/or mucus, neither of which i have. The other symptoms that all the websites have include a feeling of having full bowels, passage of small stools, and the feeling of not being able to empty bowels. All those symptoms have passed since my constipation was relieved. I still have the itching because my hemmorhoids are acting up. I haven't actually looked at what is coming out when I have a bowel movement so I can't tell what color it is or really what it looks like. I know in my first post that I said it felt like a flower opening up, but I'm not sure anymore. I have learned over the years that I really can't trust my sense of touch.

So anyway I am either in denial about having a rectal prolapse or I am being a hypocondriac. I really don't know anymore.

Thanks for everything you have posted and anything you will post in the future. You've been great.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #6
(female)

angel1974 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPrinces426 View Post

Hi,
I totally understand you, i was the same way. Also the reason why i asked about your height is because my doctor told me that alot of these cases happen with tall women, so you see i'm 5,7 and your taller so it can be a prolapse. Either way you should get this checked by a doctor and don't feel shy. they can do an ultrasound in your rectum and check it out that way. it's not painful. Good luck

Old 10-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #7
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User

I need to go see the doctor about another issue for a different board, so I'll talk about with her then.

As long as there is a test they can do that is not painful I'm in.

Thanks

Closed Thread