It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
(male)

roswell HB User
Unhappy What's wrong with me?

I'm a bit worried about this and would appreciate the opinions of the people on these boards.

I'm a 35 year old male. A few months ago while I was on a family vacation, I was experiencing a lot of discomfort when I was sitting down. I don't recall whether soft/hard surfaces made a difference but it would get serious enough that I would stand when possible. Coincidentally, one of my cousins was there - an ER physician and I told him about it. I thought initially it was something to do with my tailbone but It seemed this happened more when I was moving from what I can remember - so we thought it was muscle related.

This all went by and within a few days, I had forgotten about the incident until recently. I've had somewhat of a resurgence and am going through it now. It's not as intense but even when I'm laying on my chest prior to going to bed two nights ago, I felt the discomfort. I want to say also that it seems to get aggravated by not going to the bathroom regularly, but this time it's been accompanied by a lot of gas over the last few days. I'm like everyone else that I do have gas every now and then, but this seems an inordinate amount over the course of the last few days. At the risk of disgusting you, I'll also say that the smell (if it matters) is almost rotten - again I'm sorry for the unnecessary information, but I don't know what would or wouldn't help you. Moreover, I'm not constipated but feel like the last couple of days I've had to go to the bathroom several times a day but nothing will come out except for some gas.

I'm not sure if these are outliers or this would be helpful, but I did have blood in my stool before (not recently) and maybe this could be associated with hemorrhoids?

At this point, this is all I can recall of this for now. Would anyone have an opinion on what could be the cause of this? Thanks and I appreciate any help or advice you can give on this.

Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread