It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
Hillbills

Unhappy In a bad way

Three weeks ago had to spend 10 days in hospital because of a severe bout of diverticulitis. The thing is, I'm still in severe pain, both in the lower back and all over my very swollen stomach, appetite not good, so tired and fed up. I want my life back and to get back to work. So anyone any idea of how long these attacks go on for and if I can do anything to make it settle down quicker?

Hillbills

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User
Re: In a bad way

I have had a few bouts and just spent a total of 11 days in the hospital in late July/early August. I felt bad for about 3 weeks after I got out of the hospital but slowly got better and better. I am scheduled for surgery on Nov. 5th. I got another infection a couple of weeks ago but it was treated with antibiotics and it cleared up pretty good. It's normal to feel bad for a couple of weeks, but you will start to feel better. I feel ok most days except for some transient pain and some constipation (drinking metamucil as I type this). Are you having surgery? I actually can't wait to have it, it will hopefully mean the end of all this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
Hillbills

Re: In a bad way

Hi Redneon82 thanks for replying and giving me some help. Just been signed off work for yet another 2weeks. I haven't seen a consultant yet so I've no idea whats happening. Unfortunately, our hospital, the Maidstone Hospital, has been in all the newspapers over the last 2 weeks because of C diff infection and MRSA infections -with people dying unnecessarily from these conditions, unsanitary conditions, staffing problems and generally being in a filthy dirty condition. I realised when I was in hospital all was defintely not as it should be, i.e., dirty loos, bathrooms & floors, smelly bins, etc, and very overworked nurses trying to keep everything going. I signed myself out as soon as I could walk out of there. There's a huge outcry about it and all sorts of investigations going on, including police/legal. So, at the moment, my GP is helping me, but I am waiting for an outpatient's appointment to see a consultant and hopefully the hospital will get a thorough clean from top to toe with good cleaning teams brought in to keep it that way. This hospital hasn't always been this way; 20 years ago it was pristine and I had no worries about having my children there. Today, despite having good doctors and nurses, this hospital as it is at the moment, is a health hazard.

I hope the surgery goes well for you and you never have to suffer with this again.

Best wishes from Hillbills

Closed Thread