It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

sparkle15 HB User
My story........advice please =[

HOW IT STARTED
-----------------

I'm 15 and a girl, ive been going through phagaphobia, a phobia of swallowing solid food, this has caused me great risk to my health. for the first 2 weeks i was surviving on liquids, but then i slowely managed to 'nibble' on things like chocolate or cheese and i can now eat weetabix. Because of this poor diet and not to mention the stress ive been under and lack of sleep, i had constipation. Which was so bad that i cried longer and harder then i think i have ever in my life, the stool was a bit dry and the reason it was so painful was because it was so big. I know its kinda gross but i had to do something, it was so painful, i put my finger inside, and tried to slide my finger through the sides so i could scoop some out so it wouldent be so tight. I managed to get a little bit but it made no difference and when i took my finger out, it was covered in blood, the shock of looking at it made me burst into tears even more. Then i became stressed and stopped trying and sat down so the stool would go back in, it caused so much discomfort. It was 3am and i wanted to go to the chemist at 9 but i just kept thinking to myself 'how am i going to have this thing inside of me for 6 hours?!?!' 50 minutes later, i started walking around my room and then i felt some movement, slowely it started to come out, at this point, inside the stool had been there for enough time for the hole to adapt and stretch out, when it did come out, i was so incredibley happy yet exausted.

NOW
----

ok so i have about 4 days of food inside me, even with my phobia ive eaten like biscuits and potatoe gradually but its builded up inside. The stool now is VERY hard, has mucus and a bit of blood i think. yes yes i know its disgusting that i put my finger in to check but i have to know the condition of it otherwise i wont know. I feel bloated and down, milk causes constipation but its a major part of my diet, i have it with weetabix, and mix it with my nutrition shake. and i also nibble on cheese but that causes it also =[
food or drink with fibre doesent seem to help, it used to. I just wanted to know if anyone thinks i should take laxative? but if you have bowel obstruction its surpose to be dangerous if you do. but im not sure if i have it.

I think im going to the hospital to see what the doctor has to say since things like this cant wait but if someone could reply, give advice or share there thoughts i would be very greatful!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Re: My story........advice please =[

Have you tried prune juice? Can you get it? It's excellent as a straight-forward laxative. And it's a liquid, so shouldn't be too hard on you to ingest!

As for blood, that's not shocking if you're having serious hard stool and a terrible time actually expelling it. It's probably irritating your colon and breaking through its surface.

See if you can get some prune juice, and if needed, drink about 8 oz every 4 hrs or so. If you are afraid of another bout later, drink it every day if you haven't gone in that time to help along. I'm doing that now to keep things moving!

I don't know if you should try a real medicinal laxative; but I would try prune juice 1st in any case.

Closed Thread